Bing maps Streetside coverage is just ridiculous

wcpusr

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Bing maps Streetside coverage is just ridiculous. Craps been out since 2012 and it covers only selected areas of the US and some insignificant bits of other places. This is pathetic compared to Google maps' Streetview. How Microsoft imagine someone would take this PoS serious with this lackluster functionality and 4+ years behind product, compared to what Google offers?? I don't get it! Streetview is critical for mapping and orientating. Does anyone have information if MS are planning to release camera cars in the whole freaking world like Google did 4+ years ago?

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Google has been doing it for longer. It is not that MS is bad, but Google is so good at it.

Personally, I do not use Bing search yet. It absolutely sucks in Canada.

Give it some time to mature and I am sure it will get better soon.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

wcpusr

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Soon? Dude it's been around for 4+ years. Soon[SUP]TM[/SUP] right? I wonder when will be the moment ppl will stop giving MS a free pass and just migrate their whole businesses in competitions ecosystems at all. These days such migrations are not hard at all.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that Microsoft is actually doing the streetview imaging. I think that is licensed from HERE.

wcpusr

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Shame. And that is why people will continue to use Google Maps AND Google Search till the end of world. Sorry MS :)

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
IIRC, isn't the streetside part the bit that they sold off to Uber last year?

So HERE provides data, but is backed by some car manufacturers - their shareholders may not be a fan of this for very long.

And the local and streetside part they sold off.

At least the new web version really sucks. It's seems to be trying to follow Google for interface opacity and overall slowness.

Hmmm...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12