Bionick.S - Free Endless Runner with 3D graphics

Marko BL

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. I've been a Windows Phone user from the beginning. I really love the simple but nice Ui. My first WP was an LG Optimus 7, then I had an Samsung Omnia 7 and finally I used an HTC 8X. Current I'm back to the iPhone 5, but I will switch to an Nokia soon.

I'm a professional developer for over 15 years (damn, I'm getting old) and finally, I made a mobile game. I hope it's okay, if I introduce it here.

000_1136x640-e1409564625361.jpg
I would like to present my first game here, which I developed in the last six month during my free time. It's called Bionick.S, it's an endless runner with 3D graphics. You will be running along the level and must dodge incoming missiles and beams.

The game will be free to play, but contains advertising, which can be removed with an IAP. The game does not contain any more IPAs.

It's already available for Windows Phone:

It's my first game, so please be nice :D

002_1136x640.jpg
003_1136x640.jpg
004_1136x640.jpg
005_1136x640.jpg

Download Code
ihr_qr_code_ohne_logo.png

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Greetings from a developer

Hello and welcome to the forums. Hopefully you find this site helpful in your app/game development. Wish you all the best!

Marko BL

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Thanks a lot for the nice welcome.

I really appreciate every type of feedback, what you like and what you hate :)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the forums and thanks for supporting windows phone! You will get the most enthusiastic wp users on this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marko BL

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Wow, nice graphics you got there!
Thanks. When I had the idea to make a mobile game, I wanted to have nice looking and unique 3D graphics, not 2D. Luckily, I found a great concept artist and 3D modeler, who created all this.

WaveLightGames

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

Played it for a bit. Nice graphics and GUI but I find the gameplay too hard. I would ease the player into it a bit .. have the first 30 seconds be way easier. Otherwise, looks great.

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site

Hi everyone. I've been a Windows Phone user from the beginning. I really love the simple but nice Ui. My first WP was an LG Optimus 7, then I had an Samsung Omnia 7 and finally I used an HTC 8X. Current I'm back to the iPhone 5, but I will switch to an Nokia soon.

I'm a professionnel developer for over 15 years (damn, I'm getting old) and finally, I made a mobile game. I hope it's okay, if I introduce it here.

View attachment 79848
I would like to present my first game here, which I developed in the last six month during my free time. It's called Bionick.S, it's an endless runner with 3D graphics. You will be running along the level and must dodge incoming missiles and beams.

The game will be free to play, but contains advertising, which can be removed with an IAP. The game does not contain any more IPAs.

It's already available for Windows Phone:

It's my first game, so please be nice :D

View attachment 79849
View attachment 79850
View attachment 79851
View attachment 79852

Download Code
View attachment 79855
Hello sir!
Welcome back! :)
Thanks for supporting WP ! :)
Downloading :)))
Gonna test it and give back a review :).

Marko BL

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Thanks a lot.

I'll post a new version with an easy mode. Initially, I wanted to make a hard game, but it seems I made it a little bit to hard.

Btw. the game will be featured in the Windows Phone Store on September 24 in China. Seems like someone at Microsoft likes it, or does this often happen?

Darkays

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bionick.S - Endless Runner with 3D graphics

Hey there,

I tried out your game and left a review on the Store, but I will go into more detail here.

I really like the artwork in the game, it looks fantastic. The gameplay is also solid although I do agree with WaveLightGames, it is a bit too frantic in the beginning so newcomers could be put off by that. I did find the UI to be a bit hard to follow as I thought that arrows meant proceed but it took me back to the main menu and it isn't as easy to jump back into the game after you died as it could be. Maybe try having the retry button a bit bigger so it is easy to tap and get back in the action.

One of the bigger issues I had with the game was that the ads were very intrusive, to the point where it hurt gameplay. The two ads at the top and bottom of the screen stopped me from tapping on the lower half of the screen, which in turn made my thumb get in the way of the obstacles and the character on the screen. And while I understand that the full screen ad was probably implemented in the best location for the game, it still bothered me a bit when I would go to tap retry, an would take up the whole screen.

Overall, I think that the game is a solid effort, there is still some room for improvement but it is a great first project. Well done.

Marko BL

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I uploaded a new version with an easy mode and improved Ui navigation. It should be available in the next two or three days.

@Darkays, thanks for taking the time to play and review the game. I really appreciate that. As you said, the logic behind the Ui is really wired, as the arrows have different actions, depending on the current screen. This was updated in the new version.

The ads are a complicated topic. I had to make the decision between making a payed app without ads or a free app with ads. And I chose the second option. If someone likes the game, there's still the option to remove the ads for $0.99, which I think is a fair price.

Darkays

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I completely understand where you are coming from in terms of ads. I am just concerned with the ads that are constantly there in the gameplay. It feels a bit too intrusive to the point of messing up gameplay. Maybe move the bottom ad up next to the top ad, this would allow the player to tap lower on the screen which would help move the thumbs out of the way of the obstacles. I myself am don't use ads so I am not experienced with the proper use of ads, so I can only suggest ideas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos