Black update lumia 620

Petr Dolik

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Those of you who already have black update, are u able to use custom sms tones? That's one of the features I'm looking forward to seeing when I will have it in a hopefully nearby future along with glance2.0, easier app shutdown, locking the screen and whatnot. Also, having black, will we be able to attach more filetypes than just pictures using email on wp8, or do we have to wait for 8.1 on this one?

I can change SMS ringtones on my Lumia 620 with Amber and GDR3 :)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It looks like there's no camera "improvements" as I said before.
Still it can crank up the shutter speed up to 4 seconds, while the other Lumias(non-PureView) with Black can crank up to 1 second only.

Or is it just me.
I have gdr3+amber and Nokia Camera Beta and I can set to 4 seconds.

BTW, what is the point ? what it gives you, besides that foto is unfocused.. I have no idea about photography

Aarti Singh1

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Guys my distant relative retired from Nokia(gurgaon) in Jan 2014 (I recently found out he had been working) When asked about the why nokia delays updates He told me this (He told me a lot of technical stuff but i didn't get it, anywho i'll be writing the jist)
Lets see the science behind the updates
Amber Update dates-
1st 620-Aug 15 =,2013
620(India)- 5 Sep 2013

1st 520-16 Aug 2013
Lumia 520(India)-24 Sep 2013

Moreover some country variant such as Israel 520,Colombia 520,Colombia 720, Costa Rica 520,720, the Black updates have not come
+ Colombia's country variant of 820,920 haven't seen the amber update till now.Yes 920!

When giving updates Nokia divides the world into regions, For example Scandanavia, European Union,UK,Eastern Europe,Gulf, Middle east Asia, Brazil, Central and Southern America, Canada, US, NZ, Australasia, Asia Pacific, Japan+Korea,Russia, Far East,etc The actual number of divisions is greater, as each of them has further divisions into country variants
such as MEA1 which incldes one country India, MEA3 which includes UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait,Qatar , sometimes Jordan
So if MEA3 is updated all the MEA3 countries will get the OTA update.

The(OTA) Update process depends on three factors
1. The Market of the phone
2. The Market of the phone in the country.
3.The Market of the country.

The higher and the lower in the above categories get update first. For ex: Middle east market is yet to grow, so it will get update first so that people can mouth to mouth publicize the phone and to increase the market share, similarly the scandanavian market would get update first, as 1 in every 5 person has a windows phone over there (to reward the hooked customers).
Similarly new launch devices would get update first(i.e come with the update) to increase the market share, the devices with the highest share would get updated first like 920,520.

When Microsoft began with the gdr1 update all the 620.520,720 hadn't been launched so all came with portico, when gdr2 came in july the number of 620 had then outnumbered other low end devices like 520,720 but by the time amber was ready 520 was already the most popular handset, that's why 620 got amber first, but gdr 3 in october 620 was still the 3rd most popluar device (of the x2x series) in many countries (520>920>620) By december 620 had dropped to 5th positon (520>920>720>520>620>1020>625>820>822). And Remember the growth of WP market in india is halting. So 620, is a average phone in an average WP market in an average WP growing country. All the factors delaying the update here. Plus there's more

The time it took so long for update on black for 620, It's an average popular lumia phone.
It has features like NFC, Clearblack LCD(instead of IPS),relatively low battery potential, No inbuilt FM antenna, wifi -802.11 a,b,g,n,
which makes it unique than other low end lumia devices, hence desiging a update specifically for the mobile required more time when compairing other low end lumia.
And finally Nokia had been busy being bought by microsoft + other devices such as 1320,1520, x, X+, XL which required desiging a almost whole new OS.
+ a range of new devices for WP8....He told there are gonna be atleast 3 before june but he doesn't know nothing about them. Also a debate on a firmware update too (8.1+nokia specific)
Black update on whole was delayed. (GDR3-October, black- Jan).
He said that i may have to wait untill the end of the month for black

deepakk392

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
So we have to wait again 1 month?? F*** nokia.. Before when I bought my Lumia I was suggesting other people to buy it, but seeing carelessness of nokia I see to it that none of my friends buy it. I ll wait this week if it doesnt arrive thn I will sell it.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So we have to wait again 1 month?? F*** nokia.. Before when I bought my Lumia I was suggesting other people to buy it, but seeing carelessness of nokia I see to it that none of my friends buy it. I ll wait this week if it doesnt arrive thn I will sell it.

WOW ! just for this small firmware update you will sell your phone :D , so aren't you excited for windows phone 8.1 update ? you can easily get that on April 2nd ;)

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
WOW ! just for this small firmware update you will sell your phone :D , so aren't you excited for windows phone 8.1 update ? you can easily get that on April 2nd ;)

GUYS ! PLEASE READ PROPERLY!!!

WP8.1 WILL NOT BE REALEASED ON APRIL 2nd !! Thats just the date they show us the new piece of software, it will be released after, so i think June-August? Like always...you see, we still wait for Black, "released" in 2013 !!!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

WP8.1 WILL NOT BE REALEASED ON APRIL 2nd !! Thats just the date they show us the new piece of software, it will be released after, so i think June-August? Like always...you see, we still wait for Black, "released" in 2013 !!!

and what's your source?

Dave_Arg

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Yes indeed, but the preview for developers could be realeased around april too :D. I can?t wait to get that preview!

Harry L

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
How do you flash your ROM? I can't find any tutorial... Please?

Edit: Nvm I found it, I will just wait :).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FegleyArnold