Bluetooth on 8.1 update on Lumia 925 not working

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I've posted on this problem yesterday. I have found out the cause , but have no way to solve it.

Updated 925 official o2 ( uk ) version .
All okay until I enable Bluetooth. I have car stereo, speaker and this is a must my bluetooth headphones.
I call someone and speaker button lights up .
It will not go off.
No sound and caller can't hear me.
Switch off bluetooth , same.
Music apps not opening.
No sound and no mic.
Soft reset sorted, but no Bluetooth because same thing happens.
I have hard reset, I even let it start from scratch rather than restoring. Same thing again.
I am now in process of resetting and restoring back ups.
Any other suggestions gratefully received.
I shall now go and find where I report this major bug.
To me no Bluetooth is a big thing .
Thanks all for reading.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

hairychad

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Try Bluetooth > advanced > use an alternative audio...
Worked for me...
Also unpair if it didn't work first time, but don't let the screen time out...

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Try Bluetooth > advanced > use an alternative audio...
Worked for me...
Also unpair if it didn't work first time, but don't let the screen time out...

The problem is Bluetooth being switched on and not connected to any device , causes major issues with the phone.
ie: Can call people but I have no sound or mic. The only way to correct this is by switching Bluetooth off and doing a soft reset of phone.
O2 want phone to repair. It can't be a hardware fault as the phone works as normal when a reset is done and Bluetooth not switched on.
I hope I'm explaining this better.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The *.1 Develop[e Preview on 8.1 or the rolling out of 8.1 officially? 8.1 DP does not enable Bluetooth 4.0 LE.

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm on official one. Released by o2 in the UK. Updated on Friday the 18th July. O2 want me to send phone to get sorted.
I'm not happy about doing that right now as the phone was perfect before update. Also when I switch bluetooth off, reset phone everything works again except bluetooth. So I reckon it's a software issue and not hardware.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I think software . I was going to hold off sending it to get fixed, but no Bluetooth is a big deal for me. I have Bluetooth headphones I use while at work . I also had a lot of my music on my phone, I haven't bothered putting it back on after full reset, no point I can't listen to it.

My OH has 625 with o2 and it's ready to be updated, but it looks like his phone will stay on wp8 as we go on holiday shortly and I need Bluetooth.

So it looks like it will have to send it in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz