BUILD 10149 Store Beta Error 0x80070003 App Update Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebie Joswin

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Me too face the same issue installing apps like extras and info,Here drive and unable to download language united states getting error. Is it linked to store issue? ? ?

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the issue again with Here apps, I wouldn't mind if I could use the apps but it prevents them from opening.
I had to try the new Maps app to get somewhere unexpectedly, I didn't find it as fast or friendly as Here and the delay trying to find location and the directions to start navigating was not good.

lokesh lokesh

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
hi recently i update my windowes8.1 to win10. now i cant abel to see and update some apps it is sowing some error code 0x80070003 this is the error code. can you plz give me a solution to fix it ?

ltomovski

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had Here Drive+ installed .. at some point it wanted to update itself via store beta (10149) and now i will not update .. error code 0x80070003 .. and the app will not start anymore .. trying to start it opens the store !??!? same goes for here city Lens, Here Maps and PayPal
help !

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
There is no solution currently, MS need to fix from their side.
I have gone back to WP8.1 until resolved as both times I installed 10149 various apps that I need suffered this bug.

I will come back to W10 preview on the next build when hopefully this is resolved.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I had Here Drive+ installed .. at some point it wanted to update itself via store beta (10149) and now i will not update .. error code 0x80070003 .. and the app will not start anymore .. trying to start it opens the store !??!? same goes for here city Lens, Here Maps and PayPal
help !

This is what I have done with all my apps, 1st go to the beta store update download settings and set to manual not auto. Staying in the update download area for apps that have updates Click one app at a time it will start to download as soon as it does PAUSE IT then to the right there is a X click it to clear. Do this to all that need to be fixed. Now go back to your phone app list delete -uninstall the app than go to the old store search & be sure to pick the right one, free, purchased app then install it. Go back to your list open it sign in if needed to get your data if previous backups and your done. "DO NOT UPDATE ANY OF THESE APPS FROM THE NEW STORE" you will see new updates available but don't do then. I go to the old store and check then only update from there. All my app now work with out any problems.

Shai Petel

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
A simple, yet very annoying solution / workaround.

This worked for me every time, but the downside is that it is a long process and you have to do it one by one for affected apps:

1. Disable store beta auto app updates. From this point: never open the store beta app.
For each app that is affected:
2. Find that app in the store
3. Update the app. If the app have "view" and no "update" - go to settings and click check for updates. the "update" button will appear within few minutes.
4. After you update the app, visit "storage" app, find that app in the apps list and uninstall it from there.
5. Once it was uninstalled - install it again from the store.
6. Repeat for other apps

Now, in step 5 I assume you can use the beta store, but I recommend it since the next time this app will have an update you will be back here. That's what happened to me at least.

I'm using L1520, with SD card but set my apps to install on the phone.
Also one more issue with phones with SD card: one drive doesn't auto-update, since the photos are stored on the phone and not on the SD card like I set on my settings... strange, but maybe that is the reason for it all?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
This is what I have done with all my apps, 1st go to the beta store update download settings and set to manual not auto. Staying in the update download area for apps that have updates Click one app at a time it will start to download as soon as it does PAUSE IT then to the right there is a X click it to clear. Do this to all that need to be fixed. Now go back to your phone app list delete -uninstall the app.(see update below) Than go to the old store search & be sure to pick the right one, free, purchased app then install it. Go back to your list open it sign in if needed to get your data if previous backups and your done. "DO NOT UPDATE ANY OF THESE APPS FROM THE NEW STORE" you will see new updates available but don't do then. I go to the old store and check then only update from there. All my app now work with out any problems.
UPDATE: ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING! After you ddelete-uninstall the app from your app list on the phone you must than turn off-power down your phone than turn back on -power back up then continue with the rest. I did one at a time.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
There is no solution currently, MS need to fix from their side.
I have gone back to WP8.1 until resolved as both times I installed 10149 various apps that I need suffered this bug.

I will come back to W10 preview on the next build when hopefully this is resolved.

There are these few work arounds that you may want to try.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get out of the update? I'm on the slow ring and I have to keep hitting the not now option to prevent the update, cause I don't want it. Hard reset I'm presuming?

Tapan Tripathi

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
A simple, yet very annoying solution / workaround.

This worked for me every time, but the downside is that it is a long process and you have to do it one by one for affected apps:

1. Disable store beta auto app updates. From this point: never open the store beta app.
For each app that is affected:
2. Find that app in the store
3. Update the app. If the app have "view" and no "update" - go to settings and click check for updates. the "update" button will appear within few minutes.
4. After you update the app, visit "storage" app, find that app in the apps list and uninstall it from there.
5. Once it was uninstalled - install it again from the store.
6. Repeat for other apps

Now, in step 5 I assume you can use the beta store, but I recommend it since the next time this app will have an update you will be back here. That's what happened to me at least.

I'm using L1520, with SD card but set my apps to install on the phone.
Also one more issue with phones with SD card: one drive doesn't auto-update, since the photos are stored on the phone and not on the SD card like I set on my settings... strange, but maybe that is the reason for it all?

This doesn't work for me...the app still shows only view...shows in the app list, but uninstall is greyed out... The app is not listed in storage...

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Same for me, I had some apps in App list twice and couldn't uninstall and were not listed in storage.
​I tried every work around I read about and none worked for me.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Same for me, I had some apps in App list twice and couldn't uninstall and were not listed in storage.
​I tried every work around I read about and none worked for me.

I had the same issue with here drive, what worked for me was to go to old store, update it there (which didnt fix the app as it still did not work), but it became visible in storage. So I uninstalled it in storage and re-installed via old store; it worked after. Then stay away from updates in beta store and only use updates in old store for that app.

Ali Azari

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
0x80070003
I faced with this error when I was trying to update Asphalt 8: Airborne and got solved it in 5 min! with no soft or hard reset :cool:
Simply connect the SD card to a PC with a card reader, when the pop up menu asks to scan the removable disk for errors, let it to do.
The pop up menu appears when you remove the removable disk (SD cards or flash disks) without "Safely Remove". Then unplug the SD card with Safely Remove.
The pop up is different from antivirus or any security software, It's windows build in.
This worked for me hope works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria