Build 10512 Thread

Sameer Parihar

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
1. No mobile hotspot app
2. Photos do not sync with OneDrive
3. Blinking quite hours
4. Viber and Uber apps keeps reinstalling .. its like Store thinks that new version is available and keeps reinstalling them every time I click check for Updates
5. No history of updated apps found in Store
Photos do sync...you need to go to the settings in OneDrive and turn auto upload on. I think its supposed to be turned in bg default but never is.

Adolf Kleinhans

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Cortana just hangs....Wow, 2000 fixes ? Where ?

Sure, its better tan 10166 in parts but wow stull a buggy mess, tiles don't always update, the Store pinned tile just shows a blank tile, open the store and your greeted with a blue-screen for about 20 seconds before the store opens. Oh, and this just getting started...

I don't get people like you. This is an insider preview, not a public preview, and even if it was a public preview - which it is not - it remains a PREVIEW. By participating in this preview program you have went into a agreement with Microsoft that they are allowed to use your device to test their buggy software, for which you get to be the first to use the new software. Now you complain about the agreement to which you signed your name??

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
lock screen is worse in this build by a long way. it doesn't really move when you swipe it the start screen just appears!

thought I had solved the loading screen on 10166, but it is marginally worse on this build with the same tile arrangement!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't get people like you. This is an insider preview, not a public preview, and even if it was a public preview - which it is not - it remains a PREVIEW. By participating in this preview program you have went into a agreement with Microsoft that they are allowed to use your device to test their buggy software, for which you get to be the first to use the new software. Now you complain about the agreement to which you signed your name??

Yea, no crap. I have been installing build by build (from the very first build)and have watched progress step by step. We were going from a fairly buggy build that was being worked on for over a month, clamed feature locked and they said they have been working on minor and large issues, not adding new features. With the time they had it, and the build numbers, I bet most people would of expected it to be more refined than 10166 FAR MORE REFINED, with more bug fixes and little issues fixed. They clamed 2000 fixes, ok, great, yea, a bunch of them are subsystem fixes that we would never see.

As a refined system and feature locked, I would expect it a lot more refined and a lot of the bigger features to be addressed or at least working for the most part, like Cortana ? At this point ?

The thing is, I don't get people like you, who set something at a stage in software and want to see more progress than it has been. It's not like Microsoft is a garage of programmer working on a shoestring budget. There are THOUSANDS of programmers working on this.

Even if the basics like notifications, live tiles, etc were addressed but still very buggy at this point.

I will give it a few days but, I need to see how bad issues are here and there. One app that was working, just stopped working completely, would not even load, never saw that before in beta/preview software or retail....interesting..

oblivionnewtonjohn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
1. No mobile hotspot app
3. Blinking quite hours
5. No history of updated apps found in Store

I have noticed these two as well. Did a reset, awaiting that process to complete.
Also, Groove is not updating my Collection or playlist. Oddly, it's only showing what's on my SD and the very first albums I added when I started testing XBOX music about a year ago, but none of my curated music over the last 8 months.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I did a hard reset last night after the 10512 build, which only took like 40ish mins to update to 10512 on my Icon. It showed shaded out tiles that I had already pinned but did a soft reset and all is good now. I noticed before the hard reset in 10512 that there was a loading timer on the lock screen before you type in your pin but not there anymore now.

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Wow! I've been since one hour ago trying to post a message but I didn't want to do it before reading all of yours. Herculean feat, if any.

I've installed the new build last night, it's been working about twelve hours, on a Lumia 1020. This is what I have seen so far:

>> Disappeared the bug that made unresponsible the touch after ending a call.
>> CORTANA WORKS!! FINALLY!! (I'm a Spanish-speaking person). I mean, it's not that on the previous build we the Spanish-speaking could use it without speaking to her, or she didn't speak to us... No, no; it DID NOT work at all. And now IT WORKS GREAT!! She can speak and hear. Quiet hours also works, but the tile on Notifications Screens blinks as possessed.
>> The store has worked smooth since the zero minute; after updating stills works fine.
>> Groove Music was also updated, but I don't see any remarkable change. The live tile is still conspicuously absent.
>> People App remains invariant, i.e., the same crap as it was on the previous build. Twitter account contacts are still being named "BingHealthAndFitnessApp"; Skype ones are named "Podcasts", you can't pin yourself ("Me") to the Home Screen... Anyway.
>> The first time I got into Battery Saving option, while the phone was plugged in, under the charge bar I could see this: "Estimated charging remaining time: 2 hours". Then it vanished; after some while, it reappeared, but it didn't displayed any amount of time. Now it switches between that message and "Estimated remaining time:", with no amount of time either.
>> Albums functionality on Photos app are, also, conspicuously absent.

oblivionnewtonjohn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After a Master reset, the blinking quiet hours is still there. But Groove now seems to be synching the rest of my music.
Apps are updating, so no confirmation of app history yet.

Laquox

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
So I updated yesterday and got the start screen "Loading" glitch. I personally didn't feel like doing a hard reset again so I thought I would just let it wait. As of now my Start screen is back and running without a hard reset. One thing I did notice is when I swipe to my apps A LOT of them say "Pending" underneath them. So my guess is this: If you have a lot of apps it takes a while to "upgrade" them to this new build. If any of those apps happen to be on your start screen then that will cause your start screen to not function and stay on the loading loop. Now that my start screen works I have been watching the apps as I type this and slowly but surely the apps are lighting up and no longer say pending.

Your mileage may vary but since the last build the start screen was dodgy anyway I had gotten use to using Cortana to do anything I wanted (such as open an app, check email, etc) so I was planning on waiting until a fix was released that fixed the start screen. The waiting paid off not because they released a fix but that the apps are slowly "turning back on" and no longer saying pending.

*=Quick Edit after posting this all of my Apps no longer say pending and the build is running great. Again your mileage may vary but if you are patient (or lucky?) the start menu will eventually load.

Last edited:

5p4c3m4n

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Works great on my 640xl. This phone has never looked better or been more snappy. There are bugs here and there so be warned but nothing that makes the phone unusable. The only major problem I see so far is outlook mail will not sync after the first account setup sync. everything else works great.

Do a full reset for sure. I actually had to do 3 full resets before everything started working correctly.

Just remember it's a preview version and enjoy.

5p4c3m4n

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Wow. Just noticed there are 34 updates this morning. One of them being Outlook mail. Looks like more issue fixes on the way soon™.

geniusonboard

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Seems there is some kind of a hotfix being released. I just got prompted to reset my 535 due to phone update. The update process itself was around 5 minutes, plus additional 8ish minutes for the migration. Haven't seen there's a change in build number or firmware revision. Don't see that anything has changed, two most noticable things, "slow" lock screen and blinking Quiet hours are still there.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
This build is very reliable and fast IF and probably only IF you do the complete restart and erase all your data and then don't do the restore option. Just start completely fresh and it will make a world of difference. When I first installed this build i did not do so and the phone worked perfectly for a while and then I received a notification about some type of update and after that all the "Loading" bugs from the previous build returned. After giving it some time and the issue not going away I decided to just do the full wipe and start clean. This would be frustrating if this(Lumia 920) wad my daily driver but I'm using the Sony Xperia Z3 until the new flagships come out this fall. I like what I'm seeing except for that terrible People live tile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty