Build 10512 Thread

Marc_With_a_C

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My outlook account won't stop syncing. All started yesterday when i had to delete and re-add my Gmail account since I couldn't find a way to change it's password ANYWHERE. Seems to affect all my texts too. Can't get it too stop since you can't delete that account or the app.

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Overall, I think 10512 is working much better with the Band then on 10166. I am getting notifications for both my email accounts, texts.

Cortana still can't be called from the band. The demo videos of the exercises force close the health app. Syncing seems to just take a bit longer. But, I do get more notifications now than I did. I find some weird things though, like, email notifications are displayed under email and under the notification center.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't even get notifications for texts (no sound, no toast, doesn't appear in the notification centre), only cue, that I've got a new text is the number on the live tile. Other notifications, like skype, 6tag, facebook ar fine (toasts, noises and everything)

All of a sudden text message notifications started working :D weird :D

EDIT: Or not... A friend sent an SMS and there was the tone and a notification. After that I tried to send myself a message from one of those online SMS sending sites, I got the message, but again no sound or notification.

Last edited:

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
can anyone else confirm or deny this:
when I have calendar reminders and there is a notice that needs to be dismissed, all the sounds seem to be suppressed until I dismiss the calendar reminder.
after i dismiss the calendar reminder, it get what appears to be the qued up sound notifications for email/txt/other reminders since the first calendar reminder was displayed.
Running 10512 on Lumia 928. No Sim installed at the time since I am testing out W10M for now.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
On my Lumia 532 DS I'm having the blank screen issue, even after hard reset. After some time in the suspended state the screen blanks out and never turns back on again. I have to force a soft reset via the Vol - and Power buttons to get back to the system.
Do you mean after an unlock? I've experienced this twice, requiring a soft reset. Swipe to unlock, then just a blank screen, except for the icons at the top for volume, etc. Physical buttons not responsive, start button, etc. not responsive. Not even vibration from pressing them. One time I left it a couple minutes and mashed a few things... swiped down, hit the camera button a few times, and finally, I got my PIN pad. Other time though, soft reset.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
having issues with the camera! doesn't rotate, using shutter button doesn't activate properly. I just had a camera view with no buttons. and focus not great either!
I have had this issue too. I've found trying the other camera apps my only solution so far. (Lumia Camera, Lumia Camera Beta, etc.)

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Support for SSTP-VPN is missing again though it has been there in an earlier build. WTF was MS doing the last months?
I know, right? It's almost like this was pre-release software or something and features come and go! If only they made a program that you had to register for to sign up for and install these builds, rather than just forcing them on us!

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Cortana just hangs....Wow, 2000 fixes ? Where ?

Sure, its better tan 10166 in parts but wow stull a buggy mess, tiles don't always update, the Store pinned tile just shows a blank tile, open the store and your greeted with a blue-screen for about 20 seconds before the store opens. Oh, and this just getting started...
You're going to see a lot of one-off issues. I think it's important to realize that unless it's in the release notes, it's something unusual and not the norm. The Start Screen Loading loop is hitting a lot of people, but beyond that, we're seeing lots of random issues on certain systems. Your Cortana issue, for example. If it happened on all phones, I highly doubt the build would be released.

Are you posting feedback using the feedback app, or just posting here? Your one-off issues are important, and they need to be aware of them, but you also need to understand that it's pre-release software but even as such, some people will see really rare issues that aren't the norm and not indicative of the build quality as a whole.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't get people like you. This is an insider preview, not a public preview, and even if it was a public preview - which it is not - it remains a PREVIEW. By participating in this preview program you have went into a agreement with Microsoft that they are allowed to use your device to test their buggy software, for which you get to be the first to use the new software. Now you complain about the agreement to which you signed your name??
Amen.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
As a refined system and feature locked, I would expect it a lot more refined and a lot of the bigger features to be addressed or at least working for the most part, like Cortana ? At this point ?
Because a product is feature locked does not mean that major subsystems cannot be completely rewritten. The goal is more efficiency, more stability, but the short-term side effect can be bugs and crashes. It doesn't mean that they're doing anything wrong. Now is the perfect time for these things to happen, rather than after the OS is RTM.

We signed up for this. We shouldn't be surprised when something that worked before suddenly doesn't, or is missing entirely. If it's not something we like, we can roll back to WP8.1. The process is simple.

I think it's important to post experiences here, and even more important to use the Feedback app. But ******** about them isn't going to magically fix the problem and only makes it sound like you just blindly clicked through the Insider program, expecting a polished W10M build, just months before anyone else.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Like others, I cannot get my photos to automatically upload to OneDrive either with this build. The OneDrive setting is turned on, but photos I have have taken last night or today do not appear in any OneDrive folder, such as the previous default "SkyDrive Camera Roll" folder.
Do they show as pending? I believe you open the OneDrive app, tap the hamburger button, and there is an option to see what files are transferring or queued for transfer. I've had issues in the past where I had photos just hanging there, and I had to tap-hold to retry.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Maybe because we just came out of the W10 testing (PC version) where a lot of us said/reported from the beginning "the tablet mode is crap" (while the rest, not complaining, said "no worries this is just beta") and then it was released with a tablet mode that IS crap (in the OS and in EDGE).
While this deviates slightly from the topic of this thread, I'll go out on a limb and state that I actually like tablet mode on W10. Those who enjoy something rarely say so, giving the unfair impression that a particular thing is crap, since only those who dislike it voice their opinion, in general.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I had TeamViewer on 8.1 and it is still working on 10. Tapatalk was not working after update so installed Tapatalk Classic, Instagram is an other app that isn't working, haven't found any workaround for it.
I've had that issue with Tapatalk (non-classic) since Build 10149. With Build 10512, I read that Tapatalk (non-classic) was working, and gave it a whirl. It seems to be for me now. I'm curious what was breaking it, and if it's still affecting a small number of users?

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand how they didn't fix it when Microsoft said that it fixed over 2000 bugs from 10166.... Liars!!!
I'm certain that W10M has more than 2,000 bugs. They can only fix so many between builds. People are already ******** that it's too long between builds.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else not getting notifications for like text messages? Cause we all limited to default tones that you can't really hear.
Did you check out the Notifications in Settings? That is where you can select the different tones for different notifications.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Giving W10M a second try, after the first one resulted in not being able to install some apps a few weeks ago.

My new major complaint is e-mail. That they threw it all together is disgustingly bothersome. I now have to take 3 times as many steps to get to my e-mail, and I hate it. What a bunch of crap.
I understand wanting to release the Outlook app, but what frustrates me is that the old email client was removed. I suppose their hope is that forcing people to use it will result in more bugs being discovered. The problem is that Outlook updates are coming, yet don't seem to really address some of the biggest concerns.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I think my band notifications are working better than the phone notifications on my 640.
I find my Band notifications are working too well in Build 10512. :) I receive notifications for texts all the time, then when I open Messaging in W10M and view a text, it appears again on my Band. :) Though that's a big improvement over 10166, where I wasn't getting any notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf