Built In Camera "Yellow tint" Why?

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
It seems like a bug that has not been fixed...there has been little fixes here an there messing with the photo settings.
Anyone know why this has not been fixed? And if the GDR3 fixes this?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a 521 myself, but I know this issue occurs on other models as well such as the 920. It was introduced with the Amber firmware (at least on the 920 it was) and Black does not really fix this particular issue either. GDR3, which is an OS software update doesn't make a difference unfortunately, as it is the Nokia firmware which updates the camera processing algorithms that are used.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Its kinda ridiculous that such a respected company like Microsoft cant fix a simple bug...its too the point there are even green spots on my pictures. Its completely unacceptable. Im hoping that they are not too focused on these little issues like the music and picture duplicates,yellow tint because there gonna fix them all on the 8.1 update...then again I am probably just making myself feel better :straight:
I don't have a 521 myself, but I know this issue occurs on other models as well such as the 920. It was introduced with the Amber firmware (at least on the 920 it was) and Black does not really fix this particular issue either. GDR3, which is an OS software update doesn't make a difference unfortunately, as it is the Nokia firmware which updates the camera processing algorithms that are used.

hawonjung

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If it was so easy to process pictures Microsoft would been in camera business. I don't have yellow tint on my 521 though.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
It seems like a bug that has not been fixed...there has been little fixes here an there messing with the photo settings.
Anyone know why this has not been fixed? And if the GDR3 fixes this?

Go to photo settings and change white balance to fluorescent. Seems like your white balance is set to incandescent. If that doesn't do it, then turn off flash as well.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I want to take a guess.....

Currently, no matter what application you use to take a photo, it has to be using the Default Camera app (which they broke after gdr1 update), meaning even when you open Nokia Camera, Proshot, Instagram, or anything, you will be actually using the Default camera but with a different button layout.

Later, Microsoft has solved this issue by giving apps the ability to use their own code to create the viewfinder, and programing, so I assume this will be fixed on 8.1, when every Dev decides to fix it, and we know Nokia will be the first to jump on this boat.

Also, I think this is the case with Internet browser, no matter what browser you use, it will be using the IE10 code, with a different button layout, so that's useless too, although I don't know if they are working on a fix.

Hope I was helpful.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I want to take a guess.....

Currently, no matter what application you use to take a photo, it has to be using the Default Camera app (which they broke after gdr1 update), meaning even when you open Nokia Camera, Proshot, Instagram, or anything, you will be actually using the Default camera but with a different button layout.

Later, Microsoft has solved this issue by giving apps the ability to use their own code to create the viewfinder, and programing, so I assume this will be fixed on 8.1, when every Dev decides to fix it, and we know Nokia will be the first to jump on this boat.

Also, I think this is the case with Internet browser, no matter what browser you use, it will be using the IE10 code, with a different button layout, so that's useless too, although I don't know if they are working on a fix.

Hope I was helpful.

In the display settings turn down the saturation and colour balance to natural and cool. That should help things a bit. Also I think that some Nokia displays aren't calibrated very well - a photo on my 1020 will appear yellowish but look much better on my Surface, desktop or TV

NoNoNoYes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
In the display settings turn down the saturation and colour balance to natural and cool. That should help things a bit. Also I think that some Nokia displays aren't calibrated very well - a photo on my 1020 will appear yellowish but look much better on my Surface, desktop or TV

You didnt understand, the yellowish effect appears after you take a picture. There is second where you can see the taken photo before the effect is being added.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
You didnt understand, the yellowish effect appears after you take a picture. There is second where you can see the taken photo before the effect is being added.

Ahhh my apologies.... yeah I would have to agree with taymur on this one and say it's a bug.....I keep thinking of other threads where people complain about the white balance in Nokia Camera - in actual fact sometimes the white balance in the semi-processed preview image is way off on my desktop monitor whereas the processed image looks better. But I will agree it is quite... hit and miss

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos