Calendar - what is the "Microsoft Calendar"?

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
On my Surface Book, in the calendar app, I have an extra calendar called "Microsoft Calendar" that's showing up in a separate menu below my various Outlook Calendars. I foolishly thought when I was adding a bunch of appointments, that it would be the one to use to synch across devices, which is actually not the case at all. I cannot get this calendar to appear on my Outlook.com account or on my Outlook iOS app. So essentially, what I did was completely useless, because I need to see these appointments when I'm not at home.

I should have realized there was something odd about this calendar because it also doesn't allow me to create invitations (I later thought I would just go back and invite one of my other email addresses to the meetings to have them sync). What is this mysterious calendar, and is there any way to sync it with my outlook accounts? I have done web searches to no avail.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't see that on mine... Inviting your other email didn't work to see appointments? If it did just uncheck that MS calendar, and if everything else fails, I'm afraid you'll just have to delete that one and re-add those appointments to an appropriate email...

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. As I mentioned, events on this calendar do not even offer the option of inviting anyone else. How odd that you don't have it and I do. I figured I just have to set everything up again in my normal Outlook calendar, but thought it worth asking here first.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
If you have recently removed your Outlook account from the device, or changed the primary alias, the Microsoft account appears in Mail and Calendar apps. I guess, it's purpose is to store the contacts and calendar info, when there is no outlook account on the device. Once you add an Outlook account, or the changed primary alias starts showing up in the accounts section in settings, after a few hours or days, the Microsoft account disappears.

And, the Microsoft accounts doesn't sync data between devices, it's restricted to that device only.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
That still makes no sense. I have had this unit since Surface Book was introduced and have never removed my primary Outlook account from it.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
That still makes no sense. I have had this unit since Surface Book was introduced and have never removed my primary Outlook account from it.

I had removed my Outlook account and the Microsoft account had appeared there, after adding my Outlook account again, it disappeared after 1-2 days.

In settings > accounts > your info, the account you see there, do you have the same account set up in settings > accounts > email and app accounts as well? If you have, then there is no reason for the Microsoft account to be there.

But one thing for sure, it does not sync content.

By the way, nice profile pic. ;)

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
If you have recently removed your Outlook account from the device, or changed the primary alias, the Microsoft account appears in Mail and Calendar apps. I guess, it's purpose is to store the contacts and calendar info, when there is no outlook account on the device. Once you add an Outlook account, or the changed primary alias starts showing up in the accounts section in settings, after a few hours or days, the Microsoft account disappears.

And, the Microsoft accounts doesn't sync data between devices, it's restricted to that device only.

Great info, I didn't know that, thanks!

Cheers

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I had removed my Outlook account and the Microsoft account had appeared there, after adding my Outlook account again, it disappeared after 1-2 days.

In settings > accounts > your info, the account you see there, do you have the same account set up in settings > accounts > email and app accounts as well? If you have, then there is no reason for the Microsoft account to be there.

But one thing for sure, it does not sync content.

By the way, nice profile pic. ;)

Well, that is truly odd, because I have always used the same account on this machine, and never changed it. I have most definitely not done so in the last few days. However, when I went to setting > account > your info, it said that I needed to verify the account - no idea why. I did go ahead and had the text message sent to me to do that, so maybe it will disappear now. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it does.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that I have to create all those entries again.

Profile picture is my 18-lb Bengal Cat - Rajah. He's a handful.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Well, that is truly odd, because I have always used the same account on this machine, and never changed it. I have most definitely not done so in the last few days. However, when I went to setting > account > your info, it said that I needed to verify the account - no idea why. I did go ahead and had the text message sent to me to do that, so maybe it will disappear now. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it does.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that I have to create all those entries again.

Profile picture is my 18-lb Bengal Cat - Rajah. He's a handful.

Yeah it's a task! Horrifying one!

Nice cat! I love cats!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel