Call dropping on 2G network

Vikrya

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have strange issue with my phone.
Calls on my phone drop almost certainly when I'm on 2G network. When on 3G this rarely ( or almost never) happens.

Same sim card works very well in other phones. This is issue is just on 2G network. I do not get 3G network every where so i cannot ignore this issue.

Nokia care unit says this phone might have hardware issue and quoting about same amount of repairs of cost of new phone. They claim this needs to be sent to factory for repairs.( this phone is out of warranty in region where I am using it).

I do not understand whether this is hardware issue software update can help.
Things I tried already are,

1. Changing sim card
2. Selecting network
3. Soft/ hard reset
4. Phone updated to latest available software

Need help!

Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have strange issue with my phone.
Calls on my phone drop almost certainly when I'm on 2G network. When on 3G this rarely ( or almost never) happens.

Same sim card works very well in other phones. This is issue is just on 2G network. I do not get 3G network every where so i cannot ignore this issue.

Nokia care unit says this phone might have hardware issue and quoting about same amount of repairs of cost of new phone. They claim this needs to be sent to factory for repairs.( this phone is out of warranty in region where I am using it).

I do not understand whether this is hardware issue software update can help.
Things I tried already are,

1. Changing sim card
2. Selecting network
3. Soft/ hard reset
4. Phone updated to latest available software

Need help!

Thanks

This problem seems to be inherent with the L1020 since there have been numerous reports of dropped calls with it (mine, included). Thus, it appears to be a hardware-related issue. However, I don't think this can be repaired since it maybe related to the design of the hardware such as the placement of the antenna (chances are that they will "do something" to your phone, but the issue will still be there afterwards). It is an issue, but it might not be caused by defective hardware. Besides, if the hardware was really defective, your calls will be dropped even in 3G or you won't be able to connect at all.

I've found that placing my fingers away from the antenna locations in the phone helped reduced the number of dropped calls with my L1020. You may refer to the manual for the locations of the antenna... or you may refer to this link. Notice how one of the antennas is easily covered when the L1020 is held up to one's ears using the right hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon