Camera: S Duo vs iPhone 11 Pro Max vs L950 XL

Renoktation

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
I know one thing for sure, when it comes down to accurate color reproduction, it's hard to beat L950. It did many things wrong, but luckily camera was not among them. That's why when I hear people saying things like S Duo can never compete 2020 flagships in terms of camera, it kind of surprises me. Because L950 can still compete flagships of today like iPhone 11 Pro max when it comes to imaging.

Check this video I found on YTube and judge yourself. (Remember, L950 XL photos are not taken at 20 MP but rather cropped to 8 MP.)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Comparing the Surface Duo camera to the Lumia 950 is like comparing a bicycle to a Porsche. Both will get you to where you're going but one won't be a lot of fun. I currently own a Duo and 11 Pro Max and owned a 950 and 950 XL. There's no comparison, we're talking a Kodak Instamatic to a Pentax Super ME. The 950 series can hang with the best of today's flagships but let's not get carried away with the Duo. To paraphrase you, it does a lot right but camera ain't one of them.

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I think we are all hoping for a GCam port or at least improved Software performance of the Camera. No it won't ever compete with Flagship Camera Array's but it was never intended to. (I would like and will happily take improvements if they can be had tho)

Cheers,
BR

Harveysjag

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
I noticed when I take a photo with my Duo, the picture on the screen looks washed out, undetailed, and not very good color. But when I cast the images to google cast to TV they look pretty good. The pictures also look pretty good on google photos on the pc. I wonder why they aren't represented well on the DUO screens? All other content, videos, webpages, apps etc. look great on the duo screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99