Can anyone help? I can't install apps on my device!

Jerryzkidz

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i am on my 6th wp7 device (most were problematic handsets purchased secondhand). So when i try to install any app i get the error msg saying I'm using my windows live id on the maximum 5 devices already. So i went to my account on windowsphone.com and removed all but the current device and still no luck! Anyone know how to fix this problem? Can't find any answers on the support page and calling MS was a waste of minutes!

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you try and install through Zune?

Have you reset the phone (turned it on and off) since removing the other phones?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Go to the Zune desktop software, Settings, Account then Computers and Devices. You'll see all your WP7 devices listed, delete the oldest and you should be good to install on your current handset. You have to go back every 30 days to clear the remaining redundant handsets, can only remove 1 every 30 days.

Jerryzkidz

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Well i removed all the old devices from my account on windowsphone.com. I don't have zune desktop sw because i'm running a macbook pro. I don't see any device removal option from the windows phone connector for mac, it just takes me to windowsphone.com

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
Well i removed all the old devices from my account on windowsphone.com. I don't have zune desktop sw because i'm running a macbook pro. I don't see any device removal option from the windows phone connector for mac, it just takes me to windowsphone.com

The Mac software for WP is a VERY watered down version of the Zune software so dont expect it to do much other than sync phhotos and movies and music.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you once. Back before the DVP was fixed I exchanged my devices with Dell a few times, then at one point I got the same message you are getting now. I had to go into the Zune software and remove old devices there before I could use my newest device. I dont think the removal option on windowsphone.com does the same thing as the Zune software, as the initial install date for any of my old devices always stayed the same regardless of whether I removed it from the site.

Could be worth trying to find someone with a PC where you could load Zune desktop and see if your devices are listed and can be removed. Otherwise could try zune support on twitter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte