Can anyone help with some people hub and twitter problems?

Leontes Henriquez

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
people hub and twitter problem

Hi!
I have a problem regarding the People hub and twitter. On my all of my Windows devices and services, the people I follow on twitter are shown and I'm able to link them to the right contact. On my Windows Phone, the people hub doesn't allow this link. So, I can't search for the people I follow in the People hub, and I can't link them on my 930.
I can see recent tweets in the hub, and I can post something within the me-tile as well.

I tried deleting the MS account and twitter link already, but that didn't help.

Anyone any idea?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: people hub and twitter problem

Have you tried going to email+accounts in settings in your phone and then adding your Twitter account there? But at any rate, if you have already linked your contacts elsewhere, e.g. in a different Windows device or in your browser through people.live.com, they should be linked across all your devices including your phone/s.

BOOMTING

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to jump in because I have the same problem.

So, on my Windows 8.1 Laptop and my Windows 8.1 tablet, in the People hub ALL of my contacts are listed. My 'normal' phone numbers, my Twitter people, and where relevant, the correct people linked up.

On the People section of live.com, all my contacts exist perfectly happily as described above, including the correct contacts linked to their relevant Twitter accounts.

My Lumia 820 running 8.1 + Cyan shows my 'normal' sim contacts, and even though I have signed into Twitter via the instructions above, and even done what the OP said, and followed a myraid of instructions to uninstall, remove Twitter from my Microsoft account etc, etc, my contacts still cannot and will not merge. But look:

This is my 'Add an account' page, where you can see I have my Live and Twitter accounts logged in.
wp_ss_20141130_0001.png
This is my People page when I have the settings to show ONLY my Twitter contacts.
wp_ss_20141130_0002.png
But when I swipe right into my 'What's New' area with it set to 'Showing Twitter' I can see my feed.
wp_ss_20141130_0003.png

Weird.

And remember, my contacts show all properly linked/merged/happily living together on all of my other Windows platforms.

Now, if anyone has found a fix to this which is different to the steps I've already mentioned above, that would be fantastic, because not being able to get this to work is driving me insane. I miss my wonderfully connected People Hub. :(

(Also, apologies if those images are a little large).

BOOMTING

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to reply to myself and give this thread a little bit of a *bump* because I have just fixed this issue that has been plaguing my phone since January 2014.

After lots and lots of reading multiple threads across multiple sites, I realised that many people who experienced this problem had upgraded/swapped/changed their Windows Phone device. For example, in January my Lumia 820 was put in a sink by a lovely colleague at work, and I replaced it with a new Lumia 820, and restored my device.

Now, the problem was, that when I went on to Windowsphone.com I had multiple devices listed: My current Lumia, my old Lumia and my HTC Mozart (which is very old!).

The fix?

Remove all the devices you are no longer using!

Simply, go to [url]http://windowsphone.com[/URL], select your old device(s) from the drop-down menu, go to Account Settings and then select Remove this phone, then confirm the removal.

On your device, you need to go 'Add an account' via the People/Contacts Hub, long-tap Twitter, and delete. Restart your phone.

Once you've restarted, return back to the the 'Add an account' menu, re-add Twitter, and let your phone sync. Once this has been all done (and it may take a little while), you should now be able to view/link and your Twitter contacts to your phone contacts.

I managed to get this working successfully without the need for a hard-reset, and I hope my instructions are simple enough that they can work for anyone else who has had this problem.

Send me a message or a reply on here if you need any more help or guidance, I'll be happy to help anyone else. :)

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I tried everything you posted to the letter and still cannot see my twitter contacts on my phone. Just like your situation, I see their activity on twitter in the what's new, but not under people. Again like you, my 8.1 pc and tablet show all of my contacts integrated. I did have an Icon that was still appearing in windowsphone.com, but removing it and performing the steps didn't fix it. Very frustrating lol.

BOOMTING

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried everything you posted to the letter and still cannot see my twitter contacts on my phone. Just like your situation, I see their activity on twitter in the what's new, but not under people. Again like you, my 8.1 pc and tablet show all of my contacts integrated. I did have an Icon that was still appearing in windowsphone.com, but removing it and performing the steps didn't fix it. Very frustrating lol.

Only just checked back on this thread, so sorry for the late reply. Did you manage to get it fixed?
It might be worth going to people.live.com and removing Twitter from the linked accounts there as well as from your phone, restart the phone and double-check that the phone you are using is the only one linked on windowsphone.com.

Then, make sure you have the latest official Twitter app downloaded and installed, go to the settings within the app and in General scroll down and tap People Hub and then you will want to swipe on and hit download. This may take a while depending on how many Twitter contacts you have.

Go back to the People/Contacts Hub go to Add an account and if all has worked you should see Twitter listed there. You will then want to go to Filter Contacts to set-up how you want this contacts to be displayed/integrated within the hub and if necessary manually link phone contacts with Twitter contacts.

And there you go, if all has worked properly you should have Twitter up and running! :)

Tell me how you get along or if this needs any further clarification.

Last edited:

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Only just checked back on this thread, so sorry for the late reply. Did you manage to get it fixed?
It might be worth going to people.live.com and removing Twitter from the linked accounts there as well as from your phone, restart the phone and double-check that the phone you are using is the only one linked on windowsphone.com.

Then, make sure you have the latest official Twitter app downloaded and installed, go to the settings within the app and in General scroll down and tap People Hub and then you will want to swipe on and hit download. This may take a while depending on how many Twitter contacts you have.

Go back to the People/Contacts Hub go to Add an account and if all has worked you should see Twitter listed there. You will then want to go to Filter Contacts to set-up how you want this contacts to be displayed/integrated within the hub and if necessary manually link phone contacts with Twitter contacts.

And there you go, if all has worked properly you should have Twitter up and running! :)

Tell me how you get along or if this needs any further clarification.

Thanks for checking back on this :)

Of all things, it finally started working when Twitter did their latest update a couple of weeks ago. Twitter contacts are now integrated with the rest of my contacts, people hub and groups work, it's all back to the way it was in good ole' Windows 8! Finally!!

BOOMTING

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for checking back on this :)

Of all things, it finally started working when Twitter did their latest update a couple of weeks ago. Twitter contacts are now integrated with the rest of my contacts, people hub and groups work, it's all back to the way it was in good ole' Windows 8! Finally!!

You're welcome! :)

I'm glad to hear you got it all worked out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro