Can Edge or other browser share website links to Whatsapp Desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jac daniel

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Can't find a way of sharing website url links/content directly to WhatsApp desktop app (or Evernote) that have been downloaded from the Microsoft store - even though the store displays the share icon in the app description.
(Note: I would rather not cut and paste stuff into these apps but use this share context menu method.)

Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

Screenshot 3.jpg

The 3 pictures show that (as an example) WhatsApp downloaded from the Microsoft store does not appear in the share menu that gets activated from Microsoft Edge. (However a previously installed Twitter app did appear there.)

I have tried 2 things to no avail to try to put a share menu in Windows Settings>System which would enable me to independently turn on and off share apps in the browser (as displayed in picture 3 above).

First to try creating a DWord registry entry in: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel and called the key EnableShareSettings which i turned on to (1).

Secondly, I installed Ultimate Windows Tweaker v4.7.1 and ticked the box to enable share menu in settings; restarted etc.

As stated both ways no good, and now out of ideas.

The above 2 procedures have been deleted/uninstalled back to how things were in Windows 10 Pro i run - version.1909 (OS Build 18363.815).

I have tried sharing from Microsoft Edge Version 81.0.416.72 (Official build) (64-bit) and from Firefox v.76.0.1 (32 Bit).

Any help suggestions would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss