Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows 10 User account that has already been created?

Aderabalan

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number, because I lost my handphone.

When I verify the identity of my main user account in Settings> Accounts> Your Info > Verify ... There is no choice for my latest mobile number, but ONLY option for my old number. Next, according to the instructions provided, I chose the "I don't have any of these" option and click "Update Online" then updating my Microsoft account's info security, but when I am back to the Settings, there is still no option for my latest mobile number. I have tried to click it many times, but my latest mobile number is not listed. So I still can't verify the identity of my Windows account.

I have repeatedly tried this, including updating the security info about my latest mobile number for my Microsoft account and then restarting Windows 10, but there is still no choice of my latest number for identity verification.

However, I can verify identity on the Administrator account on Windows 10 on my laptop.

So... What should I do? Is it important to verify the identity of a Microsoft user account in Windows 10? Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows account that has already been created?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Please ... I can't verify the identity of my Windows user account (Microsoft Account) on Windows 10 on my laptop. But, I can access my Outlook Email and Microsoft Account that connected to that Windows user account. I upgraded the security info to my latest mobile number, because I lost my handphone.

When I verify the identity of my main user account in Settings> Accounts> Your Info > Verify ... There is no choice for my latest mobile number, but ONLY option for my old number. Next, according to the instructions provided, I chose the "I don't have any of these" option and click "Update Online" then updating my Microsoft account's info security, but when I am back to the Settings, there is still no option for my latest mobile number. I have tried to click it many times, but my latest mobile number is not listed. So I still can't verify the identity of my Windows account.

I have repeatedly tried this, including updating the security info about my latest mobile number for my Microsoft account and then restarting Windows 10, but there is still no choice of my latest number for identity verification.

However, I can verify identity on the Administrator account on Windows 10 on my laptop.

So... What should I do? Is it important to verify the identity of a Microsoft user account in Windows 10? Can I change the Microsoft email address on a Windows account that has already been created?

Did you set a PIN or Windows Hello on the account?

Also try adding an authenticator app online (to your microsoft account attached to the administrator account) such as the Microsoft authenticator and see if that helps?

Personally, I'd recommend having the Administrator account as a local account and create a standard account - connect your Microsoft account to that and only use that Standard account. The admin account would be just used to install win32 applications, change system settings etc.

Gayle Lynn

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
Same here. New phone # and can't make it primary. I still use MS Authenticator app for a 2FA but still... that I have a default # that is no more is... annoying.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here. New phone # and can't make it primary. I still use MS Authenticator app for a 2FA but still... that I have a default # that is no more is... annoying.

Can't you change it via a web browser by going to Microsoft.com and changing it under your account details?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos