Can I get some help finding an equivalent Android weather app?

El Squish

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Help finding equivilant android weather app

I've been using Windows Phone for over 4 years and I recently started using my first android phone. Now that I've finally tried android, I must say, it leaves a lot to be desired and is far from superior to Windows Phone like many have claimed. Anyway, for the time being I'm using it and I was wondering, does anyone know of a weather app that is comparable to Amazing Weather HD (http://tinyurl.com/mzmw67r) on Windows Phone? Specifically, I'm looking for an hourly breakdown of the amount of rainfall at different times of a day in inches or millimeters. I live in the Pacific Northwest and precipitation percentage is always high, so how much rain is coming is more important to me than how likely it is to rain.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help finding equivilant android weather app

I think AndroidCentral might be a better place to consult actually.

EDIT: ninja'd by TechFreak!

El Squish

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I did but I've gotten no response. I was hoping someone here might use android also and help me out. This has always been a good community to me. :)

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm a dual user. My primary device is Android but I also use a WP. I just use what's available by default on both. On my Android it's Google's built in weather in the Google Now launcher. It's not really an app.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Best weather app is Accuweather very good and does what the name suggests.. Accurate 😊

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Accurate? And weather forecast?? Do they belong together??? :cool:

Accuweather is one of them that I've used on WP and I like it as good as any of them. I don't care about weather much though so I put little stock into a weather app's quality. I might not even install one if they wouldn't be there by default.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Accurate? And weather forecast?? Do they belong together??? :cool:

Accuweather is one of them that I've used on WP and I like it as good as any of them. I don't care about weather much though so I put little stock into a weather app's quality. I might not even install one if they wouldn't be there by default.

Ha ha its as accurate as it gets lol. Very good app though. I think you can get it across all platforms too so that's the handy bit.

hedrek

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I use Amazing Weather HD also. Love it, but that fence photo is getting old!

El Squish

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

It took a while but I finally found an app I like. Weather Timeline is not as pretty but it gives a ton of accurate info that is easy to understand in a quick glance. It even gives predictions months into the future based on historical data. Very useful if you're planning to travel somewhere new and want an idea of what to expect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss