Can I get some help with a few questions about functions, after 8.1 update?

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
A few questions about functions, after 8.1 update.

I just installed 8.1 update a few hours ago. Now I have some questions about some things:
Before, the games were in the Game app, and not displayed in the App list. Now in the App list there are every single games installed. Is there a way to hide games and make it only visible from the Game app?

Previously, I had a tile called Io (I suppose should be "Me" in english) on Start screen. It had all my accounts settings and the Facebook profile picture as image. Can I have it now?
Is there a way to use Bing images also as background images of Start? I already have Bing images for the block screen.

And what app can I use to download Bing wallpapers? I used Windows Phone Insider, but isn't available anymore.

Last edited:

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: A few questions about functions, after 8.1 update.

An answer on your first question, no thats not possible.
I dont use the gamehub my self, its slow and bulky, i have al my games grouped in a live folder ( thats a option witch came with the WP8.1 Gdr update ).
Looks neat and works faster, just try it when you have the chance ;-)

For the second question
You mean the "me" tile?
I believe there is something like that in the appstore.
And for the last one, no you cant use bing as a walpaper.
Simple because WP don't let applications automaticly change the background.

Marcos Buccella

May 31, 2014
Visit site

You can get the Me tile back. You just need to go to Contacts, tap on your photo and select pin to start.

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

Thanks guys! And what app can I use to download Bing wallpapers? I used Windows Phone Insider, but isn't available anymore

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Well.. You can already have the Bing image... You just have to go to lock settings... Or however the option is called, I have my phone in Spanish and select Bing and you'll get the Bing images as lock screen .. If is that what you wanted to...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion