Can I get some help with a major software glitch on my Nokia Lumia 635?

mryoloit

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Having some major software glitches on Nokia Lumia 635

So basically I have a lumia 635 running windows phone 8.1 on denim.
My phone was working yesterday but today I needed to plug the charger in and out to get the screen to turn on because the lock button wasn't working which is weird because if I held it down with the screen on it would show me slide to power Down. I turned it off but it came straight back on without me touching it so I took the battery out and put it back in and it was fine. Now again I have to plug the charger in to get the screen on and now it's just a black screen with the on screen keys at the bottom. If I hold back multitasking comes up but all my apps are closed. If I hold search I can hear cortanna but not see her. I need my phone tomorrow and I can't be dealing with this. It happened before but I factory reset it.
And it was normal up until now. It's only started happening since I had windows 10 and used the Nokia recovery tool (not lumia recovery tool) to go back to 8.1. I'm wondering if I should have used lumia recovery tool as Nokia recovery tool seems to have broken my phone. Please help me as I really don't want to have to recover/rest it again because it takes ages and I'm going out tomorrow and I will have to set up all my apps again. Please help.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Having some major software glitches on Nokia Lumia 635

By Nokia Recovery Tool did you mean Nokia Product Support Tool?

If you do not want to flash the phone again, try soft resetting when you encounter the issue again. Instructions to perform Soft Reset here.

mryoloit

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

Yeah the tool that recovers Nokia lumias.
I have soft reset it and it's working fine but when I'm out and the screen won't come on I won't have a charger with me to get the screen on so I won't be able to soft reset without taking the battery out.
I really want to fix this without a hard reset because every time I soft reset it happens again within an hour or two.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

There are multiple tools that recover Nokia Lumias:
- Nokia Product Support Tool for Store
- Lumia Software Recovery Tool
- Windows Phone Recovery Tool
- Microsoft Image Designer
- ATF (Advanced Turbo Flasher)

Regardless, I don't seem to understand so do correct me if I am wrong. Your power button isn't working that's why you have to remove your battery? Did you check the link I provided that has the instructions to perform a soft reset? Just making sure we are on the same page.

Again you do not need to perform soft-resets if your phone firmware was reset properly in the first place, unless it has a hardware problem.

mryoloit

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

It isn't a hardware problem because when I hold it down it shows me the power off screen, I already know how to do a soft reset i had to do that a lot on windows 10. But anyway I used the Nokia product software tool. I'll probably have to recover it. Since I'll have to do that I will format it and update to windows 10 to see how it's doing then I'll recover it. Thanks for your help though!����

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCC