Can I get some help with my Nokia Lumia 520 (Red Nokia Title Screen)(8.1)?

W

WPCentral Question

Nokia Lumia 520 Problem (Red Nokia Title Screen)(8.1)

Hello, I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 a while back (About two years ago or something i'm not too sure) It was perfectly fine until all of the sudden I couldn't hear anything apart from Ringtones (Couldn't listen to songs, couldn't hear people when calling etc) after messing around with the phone it turned out to be the earbud jack (can't remember the correct word at the moment) anyhow, I fixed it by basically shoving a tooth pick in it. So i'm like okay fine. But recently the phone got stuck in Airplane mode, I tried literally everything apart from going to the store to get it fixed because my warranty ran out and i'm not going to pay for this piece of crap. So, today I tried the "Windows Phone Recovery Tool", I let it do its thing while I take a shower but when I came back it was stuck on the red Nokia title screen. Unplugged the battery, re-connected it with my PC, pressed the Volume down button etc. Nothing works! And when it's plugged into the PC, the Windows Recovery Tool says "Acces is Denied. Verify Credentials"

So yeah. I am furious. I have never, ever had so many problem with a phone before..

Here are some screenshots:

Windows Recovery Tool: prntscr.com/69p0vf
The Red Nokia Title Screen (My Phone): prntscr.com/69p3wj

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
1. Calm down ( you gotta have patience while working with gadgets )
2. You shouldn't shove things other than the hp jack into the hp port.
3. Airplane mode ? (tried going to settings and trying to disable it or remove the sim and put it back in / restart ?? )
4. That "Red Nokia Tile Screen" you saw was the firmware download screen.
5. One does not simply don't pull out a phone while its undergoing firmware loading.
6. Try with Windows Phone Recovery Tool again. (This time wait ... and have patience.)
7. The only and last solution is Lumia Software Recovery Tool. Be patient !

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
First of all do the things that therawkr92 suggested and then post back here. If you're still experiencing the same problem after that, it could be the phone hardware itself.

Nofsy

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your help, I got my phone working again! Well.. Kind of, the phone is still stuck in flight (Airplane mode) unfortunately.. And yes patience is something I do not have unfortunately, at least not with things like this. Any ideas on how I could get the phone out of airplane mode? I've soft & hard resetted, restarted with and without sim..

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20150226_0001.png

Have you tried going here and toggling the switch ?
If this doesnt work also i dont know what else to say since your warranty ran out.
the next and last option is to flash another ROM using nokia care suite which requires patience. (hell lot of it)

Nofsy

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Here's a video, the original Dropbox link was too long so don't be worried, it's just Dropbox: goo.gl/PmW3Hn

And yeah, I guess i'm gonna have to either buy a new phone or spend some money on this one..

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Here's a video, the original Dropbox link was too long so don't be worried, it's just Dropbox: goo.gl/PmW3Hn

And yeah, I guess i'm gonna have to either buy a new phone or spend some money on this one..

Aww thats messed up ... did you try that with your sim inserted ??
If you really wanna try saving your device i suggest go for the nokia care suite method (requires real patience)
otherwise youre gonna have to get a new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes