Can I get some help with some weird problems with WhatsApp after updating to Lumia Denim?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Some weird problems with WhatsApp after updating to Lumia Denim.

I had been using WhatsApp on my Lumia 630 right from the day I got the phone and it was running pretty smooth. After I updated to Lumia Denim,however, I get this strange error after 4-5 launches that after opening the app, I get no notifications, I cannot send a message or receive one, I cannot see anyone's last seen status and as I scroll down to my previous chats,the contact names disappear, the only fix seems to be a soft reset, but it gets really frustrating because the problem occurs again after 4-5 launches. I had contacted WhatsApp support and they gave a generic reply to check if my latest version is installed or not and so on.
I install updates to every app as soon as I'm notified, there's no question of running an outdated app. Any kind of solution will be appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Some weird problems with WhatsApp after updating to Lumia Denim.

I had been using WhatsApp on my Lumia 630 right from the day I got the phone and it was running pretty smooth. After I updated to Lumia Denim,however, I get this strange error after 4-5 launches that after opening the app, I get no notifications, I cannot send a message or receive one, I cannot see anyone's last seen status and as I scroll down to my previous chats,the contact names disappear, the only fix seems to be a soft reset, but it gets really frustrating because the problem occurs again after 4-5 launches. I had contacted WhatsApp support and they gave a generic reply to check if my latest version is installed or not and so on.
I install updates to every app as soon as I'm notified, there's no question of running an outdated app. Any kind of solution will be appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

try these:

reinstall the app
give a soft reset (lock key +volume down key)

;) good day

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I get this strange error after 4-5 launches that after opening the app, I get no notifications, I cannot send a message or receive one, I cannot see anyone's last seen status and as I scroll down to my previous chats,the contact names disappear, the only fix seems to be a soft reset, but it gets really frustrating because the problem occurs again after 4-5 launches. I had contacted WhatsApp support and they gave a generic reply to check if my latest version is installed or not and so on.

I think it's a bug with whatsapp. The same problems, including disappearance of contact names as I scroll down the chats, I am facing in L920, but with W10 TP. So, soft reset also doesn't change anything for me.

Just wait for the next update from WhatsApp. Re-installing could erase your previous chats, if the chats are not backed up properly.

Pratik Patra1

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Well, it was me who had asked this question. Now, I think it's not just a problem with WhatsApp,at times my phone's accelerometer would stop working and games like Temple Run 2 and Asphalt 8 used to malfunction when I tilted my phone. At times whoever used to call me would be told that my phone is switched off. It's more likely an OS problem...so I've hard reset my phone(with backup activated) and the apps are being reinstalled. right now. I'll keep you posted.

vysha

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Hi me too have problems after Lumia update..1. Call is not going and receiving 2. Data connection icon in mobile+sim dissappears and that screen greys out 3. WhatsApp not working. I have given soft reset and hard reset.. After a hard reset phone is k.. But after installing WhatsApp call and data connection issues arises.. I think lumia denim not supporting whatapp In my nokia Lumia 630... Any solution please...

vysha

May 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm a Nokia Lumia 630 user. Facing some problem after installing Lumia update..1. Call issues(hangs when call initiated, call not received) 2. Data connection in mobile+sim disappears , and that screen greys 3. Whatapp not working... When having Lumia cyan it was working perfect.. Problem in Lumia denim only.. Solutions please....

Pratik Patra1

May 11, 2015
Visit site

There's a Windows Recovery Tool which MS made for the Windows 10 mobile technical preview. You download it and it will show what kind of OS versions are available for your phone. Note: I'm not entirely sure that this will work, but then again, no harm in trying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes