Can I upgrade my PC to W10 (It s not genuine)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can I upgrade my PC to W10 (It s not genuine)

I had a non genuine copy of windows 7 and updated to w10 a few days back. But after upgrading, there was a watermark showing that windows needs to be activated (which requires a key that I didn't have). So yes, microsoft will detect that you have a pirated copy.

You don't lose your data if you choose the option during setup. I used the iso method.

Plus, my graphics card got all crazy cuz the driver needed to be updated for w10 support. It caused a lot of unnecessary ruckus, so in the end I reverted back to windows 7( you need to create a system restore point before install in order to do it). After reverting back the non pirated status still showed up. So in the end I used the WAT remover tool to get things back to normal.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

You can upgrade your non genuine Windows 7 to Windows 10 non genuine edition :)
If you go to Control Panel -> System and your Windows 7 says it's activated, when you upgraded to Windows 10, it will be activated.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

If you are indeed suffering from sudden loss of activation after rolling back from 10 and you have an OEM install, the Key is stored in your BIOS and this tool will reveal it so you can reinstall a legitimate copy of 7 or 8.1.

ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server

If you do not have an OEM copy, you will have to find your install disk or correspond with the OEM or shop where you originally obtained the Windows.

If you never had a key to begin with, we do not discuss piracy on this board or help others to get paid software for free.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard