Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey all - got the Lumia 900, got a case from Amazon and put on the Skinomi last night. Let's rock.

I have a few questions. I'm trying to do a couple things and am wondering if I missed a trick - didn't see these things in the tips/tricks thread.

1) Can I filter out all of the FB game requests from friends in the People hub? I don't see them on FB, but do in the People hub for whatever reason.

2) In Translator, I went into keyboard and translated something from English into Chinese. My coworker is fluent in Chinese and asked me to text her the translated sentence. I couldn't copy it. Is that a limitation of the language setting maybe? It would be really cool to be able to cut and paste the text into a text or email if you needed to.

3) Is there a way to switch the backgrounds in the music player to do the animations like in Zune HD? Angled, moving, song time counter. Just wondering.

Thanks all - I really like the phone - my coworker and I were having fun with the Translator app - and I showed up a buddy with a Droid Maxx who thought "Oh I have that app" and he couldn't find one. Very cool. :D

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey all - got the Lumia 900, got a case from Amazon and put on the Skinomi last night. Let's rock.

I have a few questions. I'm trying to do a couple things and am wondering if I missed a trick - didn't see these things in the tips/tricks thread.

1) Can I filter out all of the FB game requests from friends in the People hub? I don't see them on FB, but do in the People hub for whatever reason.

2) In Translator, I went into keyboard and translated something from English into Chinese. My coworker is fluent in Chinese and asked me to text her the translated sentence. I couldn't copy it. Is that a limitation of the language setting maybe? It would be really cool to be able to cut and paste the text into a text or email if you needed to.

3) Is there a way to switch the backgrounds in the music player to do the animations like in Zune HD? Angled, moving, song time counter. Just wondering.

Thanks all - I really like the phone - my coworker and I were having fun with the Translator app - and I showed up a buddy with a Droid Maxx who thought "Oh I have that app" and he couldn't find one. Very cool. :D

Sadly answer to all 3 at the moment is a No. :(
Hopefully the translator bit should come in an update soon. I really want that feature too!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
1) I think people hub will follow whatever your FB settings are. So if there's a way to turn off game requests in settings, that I'm not aware of, then you should turn it off. What I do see happening (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) is that FB is now filtering out game requests and listing them under apps and games and not under news feed. So technically, we are still receiving requests, but people hub doesn't have the ability to filter them by lists.

3) You can't switch background in music player, but did you know that you can show album art of current song on your lock screen? Something cool to look at. settings/lock+wallpaper/show artist when playing music/[on]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium