Can Skype updates appear under Notifications?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting to get WP 8.1 on my Lumia 920, but it's already available for the 520 so I've been playing with it there.

One thing that quickly became evident was the removal of the button for message switching. I can no longer easily switch between SMS and Messenger/Skype. That's a really frustrating because I used it a lot and it was extremely convenient. Instead, if I now want to message someone there I have to open up the poorly designed Skype app and trudge through that experience.

So I was wondering if Skype updates appear under notifications. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any way of adding other apps to that list. On the other hand, Facebook seems happy to spam Notifications with every trivial update if you don't disable it.

I've got to say, I'm a bit disappointed with the loss of functionality in WP 8.1.

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Anytime an app gives you a toast notification or update, it then becomes available in the Notifications + actions menu under Settings. So just have to make sure the app settings are enabled to give notifications. After that you can then customize it through the notifications menu with custom sounds, vibrate on/off, or if it even shows up in the Action Center.

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting to get WP 8.1 on my Lumia 920, but it's already available for the 520 so I've been playing with it there.

One thing that quickly became evident was the removal of the button for message switching. I can no longer easily switch between SMS and Messenger/Skype. That's a really frustrating because I used it a lot and it was extremely convenient. Instead, if I now want to message someone there I have to open up the poorly designed Skype app and trudge through that experience.

So they've finally dropped Messenger support? I was hoping they would switch that to use Skype and allow you to still switch between the 2 without opening the full Skype application. :(

Scott

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
A geek friend of mine refuses to use just the messenger app on his note 3. Well we have a large friend group that we chat with on there. So we tried BBM and another friend hated it. So we've since tried GroupMe and everyone loves it now. Especially with the meme function. Until Skype becomes usable, it'll be GroupMe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss