Can?t attach pictures , videos to email on my Nokia Lumia 930

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have installed Windows 10 mobile on my Nokia Lumia 930. Everything was working just fine untill I noticed couple days ago that I have problem attaching pictures or videos when I want to send email to someone.
This is what happens: I start Outlook app, write the email address, then I press the attach button and the phone lets me choose from where I want to pick my files: Recent, This device, Photos, Camera etc. It doesn?t matter what option I choose from this list the moment I choose any of them I get redirected to START PAGE or desktop.
Also if I for example go to my Photos and click select and then choose some picture or video and then click on share nothing happens.

When I installed Win 10 mobile everything worked just fine. I don?t know when the problem started but now I cant attach or share my files.
Thanks in advance for any help and best regards to you all

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost, since this your first post as per the count - Welcome!

Secondly, did you install the official update or installed a insider preview build?

If the latter it may explain why as it could be attributed to a bug and in the event of the former, how long ago did you install the update?

As it may need a hard reset or an app update (outlook).

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello TechFreak1 and thanks for answering :)
To answer your questions: Yes, I did install a insider preview build version as soon as it came out for Nokia Lumia 930. I never went back to windows phone 8.1 in order to then install Windows 10 mobile. I check for an update before I writing this post but there is none. I do remember that I had some update on my phone after the official release of Windows 10 mobile. Also, I checked to see if I can uninstall Outlook and then reinstall it but there is no such option, only to "pin it to start". When you say "it may need hard reset" did you mean that the phone need a hard reset? Did you mean the option in: "All settings-System-About-Reset your phone"? Why isn?t there option to uninstall Outlook app like there is for any other apps. I checked for other Office apps and for all other Office apps there is an option to uninstall them.
Once again thank you TechFreak1 for helping me.
Best regards to you

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello TechFreak1 and thanks for answering :)
To answer your questions: Yes, I did install a insider preview build version as soon as it came out for Nokia Lumia 930. I never went back to windows phone 8.1 in order to then install Windows 10 mobile. I check for an update before I writing this post but there is none. I do remember that I had some update on my phone after the official release of Windows 10 mobile. Also, I checked to see if I can uninstall Outlook and then reinstall it but there is no such option, only to "pin it to start". When you say "it may need hard reset" did you mean that the phone need a hard reset? Did you mean the option in: "All settings-System-About-Reset your phone"? Why isn?t there option to uninstall Outlook app like there is for any other apps. I checked for other Office apps and for all other Office apps there is an option to uninstall them.
Once again thank you TechFreak1 for helping me.
Best regards to you

Appologies for the late reply, please use the quote button so I know you've replied :).

Yes, All Settings - System - About - Reset Your Phone is the same as a hard reset.

Make sure you back up everything on the phone via usb cable, at present you can only backup the pre-created folders and user created folders via explorer on a PC / laptop. In regards to apps and games, if they connect to onedrive to store app data then they will back up as well otherwise the app data will be lost. All apps are reinstalled via the store (or the pre-install cache shipped in the phones rom image) if you choose restore - this ensures you have the latest version. However the draw back is that if the app is removed from the store it will no longer install.

Good question, I'm not sure why you can't uninstall the outlook client. If I was to hazard a guess it would be because it's tied into the core of the O/S as via settings (as currently you can't set a default email client) which then syncs with the mail client on the desktop via your Microsoft Account.

I am not sure if the date trick will work in Wm10, I was able to use it once in a previous build but not sure now.
www.windowscentral.com/how-to-uninstall-oem-app-windows-phone

Also I recently bought a L930 myself and have just updated to Wm10 (official).

Will let you know how I get on, I might post a mini review not sure yet as my work schedule is pretty hectic right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire