Can you upgrade the hard drive memory on the Surface Pro 4?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can you upgrade the hard drive memory on the surface pro 4

Can I upgrade the hard drive memory on the surface pro 4 as I need or should I buy the largest available at the beginning ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can you upgrade the hard drive memory on the surface pro 4

well, it's technically possible but it just is exceedingly difficult. I know a story where someone used a dremel to cut a hole in their Pro 3's body to replace the drive.

Best to get a computer that can be upgraded or as much as you will need from the get go.

Or as much as you need - microSD storage.

Mikael Jakobsson

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can you upgrade the hard drive memory on the surface pro 4

Just crazy i cracked my screen on my Surface Pro i did make the replacement my self, you can upgrade storages if you just remove the screen, memory can you not upgrade It is soldered agains the moderboard, SSD is possibol to replace, but its will coste you Another $200 for a screen replacement at the same time, so cracke the screen you can pass to upgrade the SSD at the same time.

Dont know how is it on a Surface Pro 3

I just order a new screen home to myself coste me arount $200 with shipments etc and no coste at all for replacement becouse did do it my self, Cold have order new SSD NVMe and replace it at the same time if i wanted.

This is a Nordic release dont know if any diffrens into hardware into Another country.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny