Cannot connect Lumia 950XL to Enterprise WiFi

anon(8793295)

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to connect my Lumia 950XL to my university WiFi, but I'm unable to do so.

My university uses WPA2-Enterprise WiFi with the following settings:
1. EAP method: TTLS
2. Phase 2 Authentication: PAP

However, I do not get the option of Phase 2 Authentication, and it fails to connect.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I remember before in the past, other old phone OS, the browser didn't support downloading of the necessary certificates and it had to be manually loaded. I wonder if it's something similar.

I also wonder if you have a windows 10 laptop or something, that can connect... with the same account as your phone, will the wifi access be shared? I know on my SP3, I see wifi hotspots I would have never connected to with the SP3 but have on my phone.

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I am trying to connect my Lumia 950XL to my university WiFi, but I'm unable to do so.

My university uses WPA2-Enterprise WiFi with the following settings:
1. EAP method: TTLS
2. Phase 2 Authentication: PAP

However, I do not get the option of Phase 2 Authentication, and it fails to connect.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Can you set authentication/encryption to AUTO in all fields and just provide user name and password?? WPA2 Enterprise will require some sort of the authentication server like RADIUS or LDAP capable server. In all my WPA2 Enterprise networks I never change encryption and authentication manually...

anon(8793295)

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Can you set authentication/encryption to AUTO in all fields and just provide user name and password?? WPA2 Enterprise will require some sort of the authentication server like RADIUS or LDAP capable server. In all my WPA2 Enterprise networks I never change encryption and authentication manually...

Yeah, I tried. It says 'Couldn't connect to the wireless network'.

I think MS has not implemented this authentication feature in W10M.
:(

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My wife works for the university of British Columbia and her 950 is able to connect to Wi-Fi just by seeing it and connecting. She needs to put her UBC username and password but it works. I remember ok a symbian phone I went through some hoops. For sure it's wpa2 enterprise and some sort of eap or chap thing lol, can't remember.

I was pretty happy that her first Windows Phone Lumia 625 was able to hook up without any effort in my part

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I tried. It says 'Couldn't connect to the wireless network'.

I think MS has not implemented this authentication feature in W10M.
:(

Not sure. Microsoft is not that bad with Enterprise related stuff. Can you try to remove the network and settings and try to connect on the defaults?? It could be also possible that you need to talk to the admins and present your MAC address... You can always sniff the traffic and spoof something... Did I just said that??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro