Can't download and install update.

chuchuchrain

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this so beg my pardon if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I've got a Lumia 820 (as you know, they come with 8gb of internal storage) and there was a new update released apparently in Australia for the firmware. I'm trying to download it but it says I require another 300 odd megabytes to install.

The problem is I'm finding it so hard to free up that much more space.. I've uninstalled the apps I don't use on a regular basis and deleted as many songs as I could do without, but I still need so and so amount of free space to install the update.

music+videos 427.14mb
pictures 334.31mb
apps 1.39gb
other 3.03gb
system 1.91gb
free space 338.77mb

So what's in the "other" part, and how do I get rid of it!

Thanks in advance.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The other part of the storage is memory the apps on your phone have. I would delete the apps you do not use but use a lot of memory. There are some games that use over a gig of memory plus any saved game data.

chuchuchrain

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
But I've deleted all the apps and games I don't use more than once every couple of days.

Perhaps I should uninstall apps using the most storage then reinstall them after I've had the update? Is there a way of determining which apps use more storage data?

chuchuchrain

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks rdubmu, I managed to get the update done.

I just cleared a couple of chat histories in WhatsApp, not sure exactly how much each thread was but it got the job done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea