Can't set "Allow app to run in the background" to off for the Microsoft Weather app.

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Have LG Lancet running Windows Phone 8.1. Under Battery Saver/Usage, I have turned off the option "Allow app to run in the background" for Weather app so it says "Not Allowed". After I run Weather app, the option is always changed back to "Allowed"--no other app does this. I just want to check the weather occassionally--I don't want this running in the background all the time. Anybody else have this issue? Any suggestions?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
To check if this only limited to the weather app, download another weather app from the store and try to change the options for that one. If you can successfully change the options for the new app, then you should consider removing the MS weather app and then reinstalling it

W

Windows Central Question

Still can't set "Allow app to run in the background" to off for the Microsoft Weather app.

Posted this question earlier: Have LG Lancet running Windows Phone 8.1. Under Battery Saver/Usage, I have turned off the option "Allow app to run in the background" for Weather app so it says "Not Allowed". After I run Weather app, the option is always changed back to "Allowed"--no other app does this. I just want to check the weather occassionally--I don't want this running in the background all the time. Anybody else have this issue? Any suggestions?

Response was to try other weather apps. I had already tried a bunch and none of them do this. When I set "Not Allowed" for other weather apps, the setting stays. I have done a soft reset and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Weather app. The problem persists--the setting changes from Not Allowed to Allowed each time I open the app. Can anyone tell me if the same thing happens on their phone? I'm running the latest version of 8.1 (I've only had the phone a couple of weeks). It would be nice to know if this is specific to my phone or this is specific to this app running on 8.1...Thanks for the help.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

If you need to add additional information, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Just to put this out there... I too have noticed this, and not only with the MS Weather app, it is all the MS apps, Health, Sports, etc. I check to NOT allow to run in the background but if I open the app for any reason and then check the Battery app, it is set to 'Allowed.' I have the ICON on Verizon.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If this is true then it seems to be an issue with the MS apps only.. Could be due to MS wanting to gather more data on how we use those apps? nonetheless I will check it out as soon as I have the time

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok I tried to access the background settings, but it keeps crashing to my start screen. I tried three times, but no result, so I can't check this out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital