Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Man, took my phone out today and a corner on the replacement (which I got in December!) was broken off.

Fished around in my pockets, and there were the little bits! Unreal o_O

For now I just ordered one of the cheapo Amzer cases off Amazon.

I had the same problems with mine, one of the corners actually just broke off after about 3-4 months of use

I got a replacement and it was fine for awhile till I noticed cracks developing again on the corners after a month or so, in my case it seems when I take the phone out of my front pocket the corners seem to catch sometimes and that is what may be leading the corners cracking/breaking

It's too bad because I really liked the feather case but I had to move on after the problems and now use a soft TPU case, I may pick up one of these because I prefer hard shell cases that don't add a lot of bulk to the phone and the price seems right

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for this. I ordered this simply because I have a white Icon and I don't like how slippery it is. Can you tell me if it will still work with the wireless chargers of which I have two? One at work and one at home.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Here's a plug for the Incipio Feather Case. I dropped my phone this morning from about 4 or 5 feet on to asphalt. It landed hard enough on the upper left corner that the SIM popped out. I popped the SIM back in, restarted the phone and all is well. Yes there is a ding on the case but no cracking or breakage on the case or the phone.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's a plug for the Incipio Feather Case. I dropped my phone this morning from about 4 or 5 feet on to asphalt. It landed hard enough on the upper left corner that the SIM popped out. I popped the SIM back in, restarted the phone and all is well. Yes there is a ding on the case but no cracking or breakage on the case or the phone.

So weird. Like I mentioned above, my Trophy and 928 both have Feather cases. Great cases and far sturdier than expected. And then both of the Icon Feather's I tried immediately started cracking at the corners. And looking both here and Amazon reviews, it seems to crop up quite a bit with the Icon version. Wonder what the deal is? Different factories? Different plastic batches?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So weird. Like I mentioned above, my Trophy and 928 both have Feather cases. Great cases and far sturdier than expected. And then both of the Icon Feather's I tried immediately started cracking at the corners. And looking both here and Amazon reviews, it seems to crop up quite a bit with the Icon version. Wonder what the deal is? Different factories? Different plastic batches?

I have no clue brother. It could be something as simple as air temperature. Cold makes things brittle.

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I myself would go with the Otterbox Defender Series of cases for whatever phone I would get. I have one on my Lumia ICON right now and has saved me countless times because I've dropped the phone. I've also had this case on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and my IPhone 5 and my IPhone 4 when I had those. This case has no issues working with Qi Wireless chargers. Most of my family has IPhones and have the Defender cases on their IPhones as well. The only phone that I didn't have an Otterbox on is my Lumia 928 and the only reason is that they didn't make one for it. I'm an Otterbox ****** hands down.
CodeGunnerDevelopment

ckc5022

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I second the Otter box, adds a little size but seems pretty durable. Go to the verizon accessories page, since they don't like Icon anymore what little stuff they have is pretty cheap. Free shipping too I believe.

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
So far I have the tire tread kickstand case and a fosmon tpu and both are working well but I'm looking for something more rugged with a belt clip. It appears that otter box may be the only option but there are complaints about the screen protector so I was looking at trident but no belt clip. Does anybody know if there is a belt clip that works with the trident cyclops case?

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My Icon is working well in my 12-year-old Nutshell belt-clip holster that I originally bought for a Treo 600 (cool at the time). This is the 4th phone I've used in this holster, which has turned out to be surprisingly versatile. With my Lumia 822, the holster was a little too wide, so I had to be careful about the phone slipping out if the holster didn't stay vertical, but it still worked well enough. With the Icon, the holster is short, but the phone fits snugly.

Nutshell is a small firm in New Zealand that makes very durable, custom leather cases -- not cheap, but may be worth checking out: tuff-as-nuts.com.

jmaudi0

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

none of these are true bumpers. they all have a back piece. i'm looking for strictly a bumper that goes around the outside edge similar to the old iPhone bumpers.

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I ended up getting the Otterbox defender and I must say that I like it. It's not as bulky as their old cases and should do a nice job protecting phone for warm weather outdoor activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria