Cerulean Moment Specs & Features

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
dscn0253 (2).jpg

Cerulean Moment Specifications:

• GSM technology
  • 3G Network: Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 5 (850 MHz), Band 8 (900 MHz)
  • 4G LTE FDD Network: Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz), Band 8 (900 MHz), Band 12 (700 MHz {lower SMH blocks a/b/c}), Band 17 (700 MHz {lower SMH blocks b/c}), Band 20 (800 MHz)
  • Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat7 300/100 Mbps [based on SoC specs]
Software Release: Windows 10 Mobile

• 142.4 x 71.4 x 7.6 mm (5.60 x 2.81 x 0.30 in)
  • 144 g (5.08 oz)
  • Strong CNC housing [based on Moly W5 specs]
  • Adaptive Tray: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
  • 5" IPS LCD display with ClearBlack, 720 x 1280, ~294ppi, Gorilla Glass 3
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 617
  • 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-Core
  • Adreno 405
  • 32 GB internal memory
  • 3 GB RAM
  • microSD slot up to 64 GB
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, ambient light, magnetometer (compass) [based on Moly W5 specs]
  • 3.5 mm stereo headset connector
  • Micro-USB-B, v2.0, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 [SoC supports dual role, it is not yet clear if the phone software supports Dual Role]
  • Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP, LE
  • GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  • Battery capacity: 2250 mAh (sealed
  • User Input: Touch
  • Operating keys: Volume keys, Power/Lock key
  • Rear camera: 13MP, BSI (backside illumination), f/2.0, dual LED flash 1080p@30fps, video mic on rear [mic based on Moly W5 specs]
  • Front camera: 5 MP, 1080p@30fps
  • Video recording formats: MP4/H.264
Every Cerulean Moment includes an Actiontek ScreenBeam Mini 2 Continuum Edition in the box.

Sources:
Indiegogo
Moly W5 & http://forums.windowscentral.com/coship-moly-w5/435271-coship-moly-w5-specs-features.html
Moly PCphone
Everything you need to know about the WhartonBrooks 'Cerulean Moment' Windows phone (exclusive) | Windows Central
Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 Product Brief

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They could have gone with Moly PCphone which has a 6" 1080p display and Type-C. No OIS on that one though. Rebadged PCphone has retailed above $400. I think the compromises to get to $300 are acceptable for a first effort. With greater volume will come better spec for $. We just have to help Cerulean get there...

#ThisIsOurMoment

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No Verizon sopport i see :(

No. They wanted to go there, but it is expensive.

If they can get up and running with this maybe they will push for Vzw support for a second production run or on the next model.

I've heard it is $700,000 USD just for the Verizon certification and that is on top of the FCC testing...

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
It's not gonna happen anyway. No where close to the goal. Not even MS would invest a million in a Windows phone, and that says it all about the zero future of w10m. It's quite funny actually.

Sent from mTalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, 3900 phones is not that many when dividing by the number of active users.

Do you believe Microsoft is not watching and also gauging interest?

It burns me up that so many fans want to send the world a clear message. "We talk a lot about wanting phones, but when it comes right down to it we are apathetic and stingy."

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It's not gonna happen anyway. No where close to the goal. Not even MS would invest a million in a Windows phone, and that says it all about the zero future of w10m. It's quite funny actually.

Sent from mTalk
That is part of the issue. You would like it to happen, but already out of the gate you decided it will fail. The pain of it is the lack of just positive outlook for some people. I understand where they are coming from, and they do not want to waste time. If the end is near then WB/Cerulean obviously would not to waste yours either, but they are here. Yes we have nothing official from Microsoft stating solid they are here to stay on the mobile path. But I say keep riding it until the wheels fall off.

Try to look past what you think might happen. Even if it does fail, then what? The only way to fail is if you try. In my opinion, it is better to have failed trying than to never have tried at all.

Ya VZ is a big red money pit for phone makers. Google barely got in, and that was the only Carrier they certified with...

We will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
IMHO, 3900 phones is not that many when dividing by the number of active users.

Do you believe Microsoft is not watching and also gauging interest?

It burns me up that so many fans want to send the world a clear message. "We talk a lot about wanting phones, but when it comes right down to it we are apathetic and stingy."

People always want the best of everything for next to nothing. Hopefully people realize this may be one of the last shots at a new device and like you said may breed future interest as well.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
On Whartonbrooks twitter page, it was interesting to read that they have a broad network of developers. It was also stated that includes former Nokia contractors. No in depth detail being twitter, but something to consider, if we get this to take flight.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
not gonna happen anyway. No where close to the goal. Not even MS would invest a million in a Windows phone, and that says it all about the zero future of w10m. It's quite funny actually.

Sent from mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
not gonna happen anyway. No where close to the goal. Not even MS would invest a million in a Windows phone, and that says it all about the zero future of w10m. It's quite funny actually.

Sent from mTalk
Yep, it won't if you don't want it to.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does it support wireless charging? Or any plans on such support through accessory later for this phone?

No wireless charging and I've not heard about future models having it or not. It is a sealed unit so adding it after the fact requires surgery that most users would not do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99