chance of mango this friday

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes well i'd prefer one from 3 as I don't particulary have a spare ?500 lying about for a phone at the moment anyway, but if I had to, i'm sure it would magically appear from somewhere LOL :)

Haha I remember that feeling when I decided I wanted the Nokia N93i. In the end.. it didn't happen though. :(

Look forward to seeing what O2 tell you.

Me too. They seem to be on board with WP so I remain optimistic.

DON'T!! :p :D

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well the chances of me getting mango this friday turned out to be 100%. Finally got bored waiting, so bodged the leaked final HTC Mozart rom onto a goldcard and flashed my phone.

So far? Very impressed indeed. Mango is a solid upgrade with some excellent new features, and I'm sure once I finish reinstalling all my apps I'll be even more impressed.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
So far everything is excellent. This really, obviously is the finished ROM and not some leaked bodge job - everything runs perfectly, no hiccups. Linked and threaded mail is great, the facebook/twitter integration is flawless, fast app switching is great, and everything is faster overall. Even though I live in a fairly small UK town, local scout had a lot of good hits (looking forward to trying it out when I'm in London tomorrow) so very impressed with that - it's done much better than some dedicated apps I've seen. The new shutdown slider is nice as well, and IE9 is far more robust. Oh, and the colour banding is gone! Yess!!!

Hands down the biggest obvious change is in Hydro Thunder. I don't know what they did, but it's gone from occasionally stuttery to absolutely flat-out smooth. Hopefully this is the start of a lot more high-quality 3D games on WP7, as it can obviously handle them now.

Complaints? Just three, and they're really nitpicks to be honest. First - whoever decided the background colour for the task switcher should be your accent colour rather than just black or grey needs to be shot. It looks awful! Second - I do miss the fullscreen option in IE, but it's not that bad. Third - it's sometimes *too* fast. Those nice swoops when you click on a tile and open an app? Almost too quick to see now!

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
No chance at all. I won't be surprised in the least if my carrier (AT&T) does not come to the table with Mango until mid-spring.

Looks like I'll be eating my hat. I take back everything I said and replace it with a solid SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

\:D/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254