Chime in: Will you ditch your Windows phone for an iPhone X?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
apple-iphone-x.JPG

The worst kept secret in tech is now official, but does it grab your attention?
We don't like bringing it up, but the cold truth is that Windows on phones is basically out to pasture. Many of us will keep on keeping on until the very bitter end, but for folks who've already had their current phones a while, it's getting time to move on.
iPhone X: Hands on with Face ID, Portrait Lighting, and Animoji!
And there will no doubt be a number of you who hung on until the Apple September event to see what was announced before making a decision. That's what we're talking about in the forums.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Jeep1962

May 28, 2017
Visit site
No, I stay with my Lumia 950, no hangs, bugs or whatever. If MS still update my phone ! I won't pay €1000,= for a phone, ridiculous!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Those who were looking to ditch Windows would've done so by now. I don't see how this iPhone moves the needle any more than any other device. I seriously doubt a 640 user looks at this $1k phone and suddenly has an epiphany.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

rinosaur

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Those who were looking to ditch Windows would've done so by now. I don't see how this iPhone moves the needle any more than any other device. I seriously doubt a 640 user looks at this $1k phone and suddenly has an epiphany.

That's true, but if anything, seeing all these new devices surely makes the WM fan disappointed with their lack of new devices.

plarusa85

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
The competition does not have continuum. Plus, these new phones are ridiculously expensive. So no, I won't be dumping my WPs for any of them. Not even close.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Probably true.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The competition does not have continuum. Plus, these new phones are ridiculously expensive. So no, I won't be dumping my WPs for any of them. Not even close.

It seems obvious they don't need continuum.
Very true the prices are ridiculous.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Present problem with MS phones is there are not sufficient apps for them. Even existing ones just look like iPhone apps but with many bugs or with many features missing. Other apps either don't work properly and developers no longer even accept feedback. I frequently see my apps no longer found on MS Store and because of bugs I have to reinstall them or delete them but no longer can find them on Store. I cannot believe Microsoft after only 1 year after offering Lumia 950XL no longer support it, no batteries, no spare parts, nothing. I am now so reluctant to purchase any MS device at all as suddenly find myself struggling with a useless device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire