Cleaning the Surface Pro 3 screen

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
The best thing I've used is a homemade 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol (>90%) and distilled water. You get the >90% isopropyl alcohol from any drugstore.

Talking to my eye doctor, this is as close to the commercial lens/screen cleaning solutions you can get, for a whole lot cheaper.

Use this on all your screens, flat panel TV's/monitors, phones, tablets, and glasses. DON'T use paper towels, as they are just to abrasive. Get an inexpensive microfiber cloth. For glasses, spray solution directly on lenses the wipe clean. For TV's, monitors, tablets, phones, dampen the cloth then clean the screen.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I use a cloth soaked with some (just enough) amount of water to clean the screen of my Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro. Actually I do the same for all my electronic devices. I have been doing this for over 10 years (including iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air, iMac, etc), and I believe it does not cause any troubles/damage to my devices.

Of course, I have to stress that I use minimal amount of water, have my device turned off while cleaning, and after cleaning I wipe with a dry cloth.

I think those professional screen cleaners should work efficiently, especially for removing dirt stuck firmly on the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss