Computer expert? If not, don't install Windows 10 Insider Preview

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Dont ruin the experience by putting it on a VM drive.....install it on a separate partition.ive got it installed in boot camp on my 2009 mac mini .....runs great....plays skyrim good too

I have installed it on my Macbook 13" and works great. Only driver I could not install was for the track pad. So currently using a wireless mouse. Otherwise the experience is wonderful.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
hi i friends
i have upgraded from windows 7 to window 10 technical preview
i have a question that the software i had on windows 7 how do i migrate it to
windows 10 technical preview
such as graphic card software, windows office, and i have may more ....
Thanku..

An update does not wipe of the installed softwares.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
All a CYA move; if they didn't want that many installations, they would have made this a closed preview or release.

It is not about the installs. I think Microsoft has finally started to listen to public opinion for their OS and that is a good sign.
They have made this Technical Preview available for the public, for the only reason that the public will test the OS and give more feedback to improve the overall experience.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, the latest Patch Tuesday dated 10-March, my Windows Update is unable to complete the following patches :
​- KB3032359
​- KB3039066
​My tablet is running Windows 10 TP Build 9926. I have been repeatedly running the Windows Update for several times, every time, its the same patches that are unable to complete. How can I resolve the problem and will the failure to update affect the next Windows 10 build update. Please advise, thanks !!!

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't exactly call myself an "expert", but I know my way around a computer well enough to have done a clean install. I'm running it on my main computer as my primary OS, and the only issues I've had have been very minor and there have been few of them. Yes I know some will say not a good idea to run it as my primary OS on my PC but I'm not worried about it... there's nothing I could possibly lose that I would care much about even if the whole system crashed since all of my important files are on my external drive, and if it did I still have my windows 8 installation disc to re-install it.

The only recurring issue I've had is that pretty much every time I reboot I have to reset TCP/IP with the netsh int ip reset command... still haven't figured out why this has to be run every single time I boot to get my network connected.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I am lucky or maybe I am not pushing windows 10 enough, since the install only problem I faced is laptops' mic not working and couple of apps not resizing. I am running all my engineering software CAD and all, no problem. Seeing the people complaining here made me think for a while whether I should install it or not, but heck now running efficiently as my daily driver. Love the task view, snap, notification centre and some elements of start screen and cortana. Just wish they improve upon for the touch users, since I paid extra bucks for touch enabled laptop.
And on the safe side, using slow ring for the updates, so as of now, I am on build 9926.
[Edit] Now on build 10041 since slow ring caught up.

Last edited:

Mr G Reaper

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
There is another reason to install windows 10 :

when programming windows phone apps you can only use the emulators in visual studio express if you are on windows pro. Not normally an issue as you can use your windows phone ...untill you go to submit your app, you have to have screenshots for every resolution you support, failure to do so will mean you cant support that resolution. (you can submit wxga resolution images and have them auto scale but when your phone does not do that resolution your ....to put it politly, screwed) if however you install the windows 10 preview you can then use the emulators, though you lose the ability to use the certification tester lol.

just sharing another reason why you would install windows 10 (and make regular saves, submit to version control regularly etc)

SuzieOKeefe

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Personally, although not "technically' an EXPERT, I think finding fixes for all these little bugs is kinda fun.... It's this or Portal or something... LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895