Confused with the Update Issues. Please Help!

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeesh, I've been on vacation for a week and missed all the issues with Lumia Cyan rolling out and trying to get Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1.

I have a Lumia 920 running Lumia Black and Preview for Developers WP 8.1.

I can't update to Update 1 through preview - Get "Can't Update Phone Error 80188308".
I still don't have Lumia Cyan though I know its out for Rogers Lumia 920. Phone queues up Update 1 and wont find that Cyan update.

Can you guys help me figure out what I missed?

- I see some tweets from Joe B. on error 80188308. Is there a fix yet?
- I see some issues with phones locking up when upgrading to Lumia Cyan while running preview. Do I still have to downgrade to 8.0 and wipe phone to get Cyan?

Any help will be appreciated.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeesh, I've been on vacation for a week and missed all the issues with Lumia Cyan rolling out and trying to get Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1.

I have a Lumia 920 running Lumia Black and Preview for Developers WP 8.1.

I can't update to Update 1 through preview - Get "Can't Update Phone Error 80188308".
I still don't have Lumia Cyan though I know its out for Rogers Lumia 920. Phone queues up Update 1 and wont find that Cyan update. You have to rollback to 8.0 to see an UPDATE available

Can you guys help me figure out what I missed?

- I see some tweets from Joe B. on error 80188308. Is there a fix yet?
- I see some issues with phones locking up when upgrading to Lumia Cyan while running preview. Do I still have to downgrade to 8.0 and wipe phone to get Cyan? YES, still NO fix

Any help will be appreciated.

Once you get CYAN (& official 8.1) you can re-up w Dev Preview to get update 1- folders are nicely executed

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. What's the best way to get Cyan now? My wife's Lumia 920 just got it because she isn't in Dev preview and it came normal. Do I have to wipe my phone and go back to 8.0? That seems crazy. When I first got dev preview the MS FAQ said you would get firmware updates normally....

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. What's the best way to get Cyan now? My wife's Lumia 920 just got it because she isn't in Dev preview and it came normal. Do I have to wipe my phone and go back to 8.0? YES, use one of the Nokia tools (NSU, NSRT) to flash back to 8.0
That seems crazy. When I first got dev preview the MS FAQ said you would get firmware updates normally....

It has to do w BitLocker installed on some Dev Preview phones causing problems, thus MS locked out ALL Dev Preview phones until a workaround is rolled out. I've already (2 weeks ago) rolled back to 8.0 & have CYAN w Dev Preview Update 1 on my Lumia 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3