Cortana and Alarms

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
To me, there is nothing wrong with Cordana. It is totally WP8. Set your alarm and turn off the phone. Alarm definitely won't work. There is no standby mode like all previous Nokia OS! At lease the developers have to allow user or Cordana to have an option to the standby mode. For now, you can't set alarm at 3am with phone off because it's not in the OS firmware. They have skip the WP firmware upgrade for so many time and I hope not this time because Cordana will not be happy and crash! I need it for my business trip. Good to meet Cordana.

So just to be clear, you want your phone to be completely off and then wake up at a future time and remind you of something? You mention standby mode, that's not the same as "turn off phone".
Can you be a little more specific as to which condition you are looking for?

Graelock

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't like how the alarm doesn't show up in her reminders, only in the separate Alarms app, which is not even needed with Cortana having her own reminder/ alarm section...but yes, I get that same issue too. I also don't like that she herself doesn't wake you up, but only a generic notification tone. So far, it's as if the "Personal" in "Personal Assistant," is lacking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinglumbergkidd