Cortana Error 8004100b

W

WPCentral Question

I Updated my Lumia 720 with windows 8.1. It says it does not recognize the language when I try to apply the alpha version of Cortana. When I switched it to Beta version (i.e) US language support, it was working. Then When I try to put Interests in Cortana's notebook, it wont add. When I try to search using Cortana, then it shows a Error 8004100b Something's not right. Try again in a little bit.
What do I do to make Cortana working without error? Or how do i switch to Windows alpha version for India?

CodyP7719

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking through forums like a mad man trying to figure this out, cause it happened to me on my 928 Developers Preview phone..

I tried doing all of the other suggestions and nothing worked...

I came across an suggestion for a different error message and thought I'd give it a try..
AND IT WORKED!!!!

1 - Open Cortana Settings
2 - Choose Speech Settings
3 - Under the "Read aloud incoming text messages" turn it from Bluetooth only, to always on

It was that simple for me.

I really hope this works for you as well, She's kinda fantastic!

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Yup I can confirm this.

I tried loads of suggestions, even hard reset the device, but this is what fixed it for me :grin:

I'm kicking myself as I had to do this on my 630, but when I got my 930 I'd forgotten this was the way to cure it. :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven