Cortana - Headline/Trending News keep appearing

dirrtydavid

May 9, 2013
Visit site
So the last few days or so Headline News and Trending News keep appearing in my interests despite my deleting them from my list of interests. Turning them off seems to work for a while until I turn my phone off or something else keeps reactivating them. I've tried deactivating Cortana and deleting phone/cloud data but she still insists on telling me about the banks in Greece.....

anon(8327878)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this problem too. Not only headlines, but movie trailers, events near me, weather, etc. I've tried deleting them from her interests but they keep reappearing.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I remember doing this. Its a link in settings that takes you onto your account page and you delete from there. Check cortana settings location or privacy.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Doesnt matter what you do, even deleting them from your settings on bing, the bloody things still come back. Maybe this is the way Microsoft intends to do things from now on but i disabled cortana as i have no interest in being told what to read.
Sent from my S3

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a problem with this, but I came here wondering if Cortana had received some sort of update. I have not changed any of my preferences in the settings, but over the weekend, I started seeing things in Cortana that I've never seen before: the aforementioned "trending stories," a section titled "Here's what's happening in [current city location]," and evea movie trailers that it thought I might be interested in.

When I tried to search for updates including these features in Cortana, it appears that all of these features were released sometime last year. I have been using Cortana since about 2 weeks after it was first launched on the PfD last year, but I find it strange that this weekend is the first time I'm seeing these features if they have previously been available. For the record, I'm currently using an AT&T branded Lumia 830 with the latest official Windows 8.1 build that AT&T has released.

anon(8327878)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
These interests have been available for some time, but they've been available by choice.
It certainly is a problem. Cortana's notebook certainly isn't very personalized if it doesn't honor your interests. Goes from "personal" assistant to unwanted billboard. Perhaps advertizing is next...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got those same issues with trending stories that keep coming back.

Worse than that, my interest for "Technology News", while turned on and activated, never show up any more. It stopped showing up when these others started forcing themselves in. Anyone else have a corresponding missing interest?

awdondon

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, Cortana tile just shows news that I don't put my interest for, moreover it always shows news about killing and crimes, this had happened since almost a month ago. I've tried setting "tech & science" as my top interest, and it worked, the tile shows tech & science news for 2 or 3 days before the killing news came back.

jfdavis17

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I do my some of my interest show up, but others do not. For example I have Dallas Cowboys and Carolina Panthers as a interest. I get Carolina Panthers new everyday but nothing on the Cowboys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaledOlavive