Cortana in Windows 11...what does it do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Loving the W11 experience but can't figure out why Cortana is still there.

It doesn't do anything useful...no note taking, reminder setting, looking up info, etc.

If it's truly dead, and it is, then why have Microsoft kept it in W11?

KJW23

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Probably does the same thing he do in Windows 10. I think you just download it from the store it's only real difference

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't do anything useful...no note taking, reminder setting, looking up info, etc.

I get daily briefings which can be used as reminders from Cortana for the Office 365 account for the org I currently work for - due to GDPR and Data Protection policies I can't share these as they contain client data. These reminders are extremely useful for me - especially came in handy when putting documents together for an external audit.

So I imagine Cortana will play more of a critical role in W11 in terms of Work Flow. The half-assed way the Cortana team was given resources by the Bean Counters at Microsoft really needs to be rectified. As Cortana has amazing potential to become a integral part of people's day routine but if Microsoft doesn't fund that growth - how do they expect Cortana to gain sort of traction?

Probably does the same thing he do in Windows 10. I think you just download it from the store it's only real difference

Putting semantics aside in terms character, lore, franchise association, spoilers and what not.

Cortana is a Woman, voiced by Jen Taylor so not a he lol....

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site

I agree. I am thinking it is for peeps that are lonely and want to have someone to talk to.

Like SIRI on the iPhone. Same deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99