Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojo otter

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
At the beginning, cortana said ' can I ask you a few questions?' And I said 'ok' and it came up with an error... How do I manually ask her to ask me those questions?

tiggscolo

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I wish Cortana could track Major League Soccer here in the US. But none of the teams are available to add as a Sports Interest. Is that coming in a future release?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
At the beginning, cortana said ' can I ask you a few questions?' And I said 'ok' and it came up with an error... How do I manually ask her to ask me those questions?

All the answers to the question are saved under interests.
From the Cortana screen, select the hamburger button and then select interests. On the interest screen, you can add or delete your preferences. Below are the screen shots:
qenydahy.png

uzamave2.png

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
As for the road map, a LOT of reprioritization has been done based on the feedback here. Some features re never thought of were added due to the feedback here as well as new functionality.
I hope one of these features is "Bringing Cortana to other countries ASAP!!" :smile:

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a simple question Talderon
Geofencing... is Wifi Geofencing on the road map at all ?? leave home wifi off, return home wifi on ?? and if it already is, is it something that is receiving priority ?? for me it would be a very appreciated addition

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
This! Cortana can?t just learn at the USA, Europe needs Cortana too, people won?t wait another decade to decide to buy a WP, you have to really convince them.
I have to agree whole heartily, it definitely needs to learn some EU or Uk speak, i WAS using Cortana in the Uk until my local premiership football ( Soccer ) team drew o-o last week, Cortana delivered the result as a " Tie 0,all " just like that .. it was soooo typically American !! i appreciate Cortana is designed presently for the US but until it is released in Beta to the rest of the world how is it going to learn in a time frame that is acceptable, as stated by VictorGR " People wont wait another decade"

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
A decade? That's being a little dramatic. Remember, it's not even available technically in the US yet!

99% of the folks here won't see it for at least another 4-8 weeks...

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I whole-heartedly hope that Cortana will be available for Asian countries, too. Although I changed my region to US just for Cortana, and to be honest I am enjoying many of her functions very much, I still haven't had the chance to see some other awesome functions that the US is enjoying, like the "find libraries nearby" or "how's the traffic on my way to work" or the most important of all, her suggesting when i should be leaving for work based on my means of transportation, traffic, allotted time functions...

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Here's to hoping that the NHL experience gets some Cortana love and to an official NHL app too! Feel kinda naked since moving over from Android without NHL Central...oh and lets go Pens!!

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would really love to see media integration the way it is on Xbox One, and I imagine this will eventually come.

E.g. You say "Scott Pilgrim" and it recognizes that its a movie and shows you that it is available on Netflix, Hulu and Xbox and you can tap the result to directly load the movie in the app.

Even if the app isn't on Windows Phone it would be great to be able to search for a movie and find all your options to watch it.

This would be great if extended to music, books and apps as well. If you search for Ryse it tells you it's available for Xbox One. That a book is on Kindle (with a click to buy it etc.)

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey Talderon! First off, thanks for this thread!

Is it currently/will it be possible to do location based commands? I usually call/text my wife on the way home from work. I'd love it if Cortana would initiate (with my permission) a text/call with my wife when I leave work. Here's how I envision it working:

I've got Cortana set up with my work/home etc. and she knows who my wife is. I've told her: Please call my wife when I leave work after 5pm (in case I need to go somewhere during the day and don't need to call at that time, but I almost always call or text my wife on the way home from work; this would be even better if I could set this to repeat Monday-Friday). With that all done, I leave work and get to my car. Once there, Cortana pops up and says, "I see you've left work, would you like me to call your wife?"

That right there, would be absolutely tremendous. I don't know if that is currently possible, or if it's something you are working on, but I would love to see this implemented in the near future.

Quick additional question: How long does it take Cortana to learn places? I was too impatient and set them manually.

My sincere thanks!

Hey Talderon, I know you are a busy person. Any chance you could address this earlier post of mine? Or did you already and I missed it?

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Talderon, this thread is an incredible service to the Community. Thank you. And thank your Team for letting you do this!

I can't seem to get Cortana to place my appointments and reminders on my Exchange calendar, she only does Outlook (which, FYI is STILL called "Hotmail" in much of WP 8.1). Is the Team working on fixing this? It makes her scheduling capabilities, particularly for meetings in a corporate or work environment. Can we look forward to having Cortana create meetings on our Exchange calendars?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have one question only, will there ever be Swedish support in Cortana? Don't care if it's in English, but I at least want to be able to use her, and be able to purchase apps without requiring two reboots (US -> Swedish -> US)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Whew. Ok, here I go!! I finally have a bit of spare time. :p

The ability to manually kick this off will be in Update 1. (no ETA at this time)

I wish Cortana could track Major League Soccer here in the US. But none of the teams are available to add as a Sports Interest. Is that coming in a future release?
College sports too...

Please see post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/cortana/277645-cortana-news-coming-inside-op-being-updated.html This is where I am putting updates and news as it is released to me for posting.

On this topic though, there are some difficulties. One of the main difficulties we face is the centralization of information feeds. With major sports and college sports, there are a couple reliable feeds we can use to parse this data. For other sports, that don't have a centralized system, it would mean pulling information from many sources. The strategy is still being worked on so I will update my thread above with details.

I hope one of these features is "Bringing Cortana to other countries ASAP!!" :smile:

I have a simple question Talderon
Geofencing... is Wifi Geofencing on the road map at all ?? leave home wifi off, return home wifi on ?? and if it already is, is it something that is receiving priority ?? for me it would be a very appreciated addition

No, Wi-Fi GeoFencing is not on the roadmap in the sense that GPS GeoFencing is, there there is something being cooked up, no details yet.

I would really love to see media integration the way it is on Xbox One, and I imagine this will eventually come.

E.g. You say "Scott Pilgrim" and it recognizes that its a movie and shows you that it is available on Netflix, Hulu and Xbox and you can tap the result to directly load the movie in the app.

Even if the app isn't on Windows Phone it would be great to be able to search for a movie and find all your options to watch it.

This would be great if extended to music, books and apps as well. If you search for Ryse it tells you it's available for Xbox One. That a book is on Kindle (with a click to buy it etc.)

This is coming, but that has to do more with the Xbox team that develops the app to hook into Cortana. I don't have any visibility in that area.

Hey Talderon, I know you are a busy person. Any chance you could address this earlier post of mine? Or did you already and I missed it?

Right now, you can only do reminders "Remind me to call my wife when I leave work" and you will get it. Auto-Dial like that can be tricky and I don't see it happening anytime soon, if every. That does not mean a 3rd party developer can't give it a go!

Talderon, this thread is an incredible service to the Community. Thank you. And thank your Team for letting you do this!

I can't seem to get Fortuna to place my appointments and reminders on my Exchange calendar, she only does Outlook (which, FYI is STILL called "Hotmail" in much of WP 8.1). Is the Team working on fixing this? It makes her scheduling capabilities, particularly for meetings in a corporate or work environment. Can we look forward to having Fortuna create meetings on our Exchange calendars?

Thanks in advance

I am pretty sure this works, however, I will play around with it today and if I find any issues, I will report it up the chain. :)

Great thread. Has there been any discussion about bringing Cortana to the Surface 2?

Just for the record, Cortana will be coming to ALL Windows 8 powered devices (I am sure it will require Windows 8.1+, but nothing certain yet, I just started testing it and there are some hurdles we have to overcome, but that is all I can say). Oh, will be coming to Xbox One as well, Sorry 360 folks.

This information is publically available. :winktongue:

Hope that helps all! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb