Cortana To Do / Task list recommendations

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So I purchased Clearer on the windows phone store and have been using it sequentially on my Dell Venue Pro, my 520 and now my 1020. The biggest problem with it is that it only syncs up with Gmail tasks, nothing from Microsoft.

With Cortana around I've been creating voice reminders all the time - does anyone know if there's a great todo list that integrates with cortana and has a slick interface and live tile. I'm open to any recommendations!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I purchased Clearer on the windows phone store and have been using it sequentially on my Dell Venue Pro, my 520 and now my 1020. The biggest problem with it is that it only syncs up with Gmail tasks, nothing from Microsoft.

With Cortana around I've been creating voice reminders all the time - does anyone know if there's a great todo list that integrates with cortana and has a slick interface and live tile. I'm open to any recommendations!

There is a HUGE internal discussion going on about To-Do's and Cortana. We know it's something that is needed (as we can REALLY use it here at Microsoft as well), but with everything going on, trying to nail something solid on features, priorities and dates is like nailing liquid Jell-O to the wall. I'll keep posting things in my other thread when I get info and am ok to post. :D

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
There is a HUGE internal discussion going on about To-Do's and Cortana. We know it's something that is needed (as we can REALLY use it here at Microsoft as well), but with everything going on, trying to nail something solid on features, priorities and dates is like nailing liquid Jell-O to the wall. I'll keep posting things in my other thread when I get info and am ok to post. :D

Thanks dude! Looking forward to it

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I would certainly recommend you look into You-Doo. It doesn't integrate with Cortana yet, but that is on the horizon.
It does a great job of helping you keep your tasks and to do lists organized with the unique twist of grouping them by geographical location. You can set proximity reminders to go off when you come near a place you want to be reminded about.

It's free so it's worth a look.

Also, the PRO version is coming soon which will integrate with your Outlook Calendar, Has a 'Friend list' task sharing interface, turn by turn navigation to task areas, and much more.

You can check my signature for more details.

pwgc

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Any update on this? Now Cortana is worldwide (more or less, via developer preview), I (and others, I'm sure) need to be able to get To dos / tasks into an app of choice. My choice would be Office 365 (ie Exchange) as that is what I use elsewhere and that surely would be the "pro" choice. Then you can choose the specific app to present your to do's as long as it syncs with Exchange (I prefer one which will show the to do's by category as it is category I use to show the "context" as defined by David Allen's "Getting things done"). Not having this is really undermining Cortana's usefulness for me and it must be for others too. How is it going on this issue?

Thanks in advance

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I'd also argue strongly for this -- I was surprised that there was no integration (even basic) with the built-in task list. It's absolutely crucial that Cortana tasks, when developed, synchronize fully with Outlook on the desktop (via Exchange). A different subsystem like the Cortana "reminder" system, that does not integrate with other services / calendars, is not a good idea. Adding Cortana recognition to the existing Calendar app tasks should be a piece of cake for the developers, since they've already added integration for appointments.

Eric De Wildt

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I'd also argue strongly for this -- I was surprised that there was no integration (even basic) with the built-in task list. It's absolutely crucial that Cortana tasks, when developed, synchronize fully with Outlook on the desktop (via Exchange). A different subsystem like the Cortana "reminder" system, that does not integrate with other services / calendars, is not a good idea. Adding Cortana recognition to the existing Calendar app tasks should be a piece of cake for the developers, since they've already added integration for appointments.

This is how Google's productivity suite works and it's extremely efficient. This kind of integration should have been done ages ago. I am leaving Android for the Elite x3 and I need this kind of productivity suite to have zero regrets lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon