Cortana UK May be tomorrow!

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Lol.....sorry I am obviously not being clear. I have registered on my new phone (the 930)with the developer programme. The 930 comes with 8.1 and Cyan out of the box. New phone has the same account so same aps etc. :grin:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Lol.....sorry I am obviously not being clear. I have registered on my new phone (the 930)with the developer programme. The 930 comes with 8.1 and Cyan out of the box. New phone has the same account so same aps etc. :grin:

What OS version are you on? Ive got 8.10.12397.895

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an update downloading on my 930 (DP Version) now....... Fingers crossed, but my internet at work is dire

Catcoo

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the update on my UK 930, all my apps are re-installing so I'll give it some time to settle down. Cortana is present, but doesn't seem able to hear anything I say, and doesn't say anything out loud. Once my phone cools off, I'll try rebooting and checking for more updates.

- A quick edit, now it works, intermittently. Phone has crashed (!) twice since, screen stops responding though phone buttons vibrate, and long-holding power allowed me to shut down.

While using Cortana, it will sometimes hang, and I get graphical glitches in the upper-right corner too. Phone then becomes completely unresponsive - I must say, I messed around with US language packs and whatnot to try the US Cortana out previously, so will try a factory reset.

Last edited:

Catcoo

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
While using Cortana, it will sometimes hang, and I get graphical glitches in the upper-right corner too. Phone then becomes completely unresponsive - I must say, I messed around with US language packs and whatnot to try the US Cortana out previously, so will try a factory reset.

- for those in a similar situation in future and wondering whether to pull the trigger, a factory reset fixed all the issues I mentioned.

Jules W

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
How long does Cortland language pack take to download ?
I now have Cortana App appear in UK after installing WP8.1 Update 1 today, but all I get is "I'm Sorry but I cannot speak your language Yet"
So I guess she is not yet in UK ��

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So far in the UK I've found Cortana to be pretty useless. All she does is looks stuff up on wikipedia no matter what you say.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cortana's functionality is region based. What works in the USA might not work in other regions. The USA gets most of the good stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124