Cortana... where's the music recognition now?

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Didn't see it. Really there should be a button. I'm often in situations where I don't want to talk to my phone.
You can also type "what song is this?" into the search box and she'll start listening, but this is even harder than before.

In the meantime I'd recommend using a 3rd party app like Soundhound. It'll let you pin a tile to instantly trigger the identification from the start screen.

Chung Wei Leong

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a solution, don't know work for you or not, but just works for me.

Changed to other country which don't support Cortana(here I changed to Malaysia, since I also from there), then restart your phone. Once your phone is restarted change it back to the country that you're set previously(I'm using US), and restart again then the music search should there😉

mildor

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You can also type "what song is this?" into the search box and she'll start listening, but this is even harder than before.

In the meantime I'd recommend using a 3rd party app like Soundhound. It'll let you pin a tile to instantly trigger the identification from the start screen.

One of the best things about windows phone (for me), is that you can read QR codes and identify music in a very simple way... just tap search everywhere you are in your phone and is ready... using soundhound or shazam, or camera filter is just... like every other OS.... ordinary, slow...

I'm from M?xico, so I still do not have cortana and I'm happy with bing vision and music still there, also bing search :D
And I'm not very sure if I want to move to cortana... just saying

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone find another way to identify the music yet ?

I do not like talking to my phone, so I prefer a button just like other apps and what we had in 8.1.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Let's keep submitting feedback on this and voting on existing feedback. Removal of music and moving vision to a lens are a big step back in usability.

In many ways searching has gotten worse from the original 8.0 Bing days. It used to be easy to search music, images, local results, etc. Now it has become a jumbled mess. Cortana is nice and all. She just needs an eye and an ear and sometimes over-complicates things when I'm looking for a local result.

kleefarr

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Is there still no replacement for music recognition yet?
Shazam claimed that they had a version that would work on windows 10 phones, but, after having a brief albeit one sided conversation about it not working, they removed it from store?

Have we been forgotten?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb