Cricket score from Cortana

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
So I am a cricket buff (like most Indians for that matter) and I was hoping if anybody knew a way to quickly access current cricket scores from Cortana.
The daily glance feature does have a sports section but since Cortana is US Based, it only shows US domestic teams. Any workaround around it?
Also is there any command that anyone got to work like "Show me the current cricket score".

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Can you be a little bit more specific with a team or region? I know nothing about cricket, but can help check if there's some more info.

UzEE

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Cortana doesn't understand cricket and has very limited understanding of Soccer as well. For example, It knows EPL teams but doesn't know anything about La Liga or the Champions League. Its the same problem with Cricket.

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Can you be a little bit more specific with a team or region? I know nothing about cricket, but can help check if there's some more info.

I want to check current cricket scores from International matched happening around the world or atleast follow live scores of matches involving the Indian Cricket team. Sort of like google now cards.
I live in India and have installed Cortana by setting my region to US.

dana_flood

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact opposite problem. For reasons unknown to me, the first two things Cortana pushed to me were cricket scores that I don't care about (being a non-cricket fan) and European soccer trades that I don't care about (being not a fan of any Tottenham Hotspur)

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact opposite problem. For reasons unknown to me, the first two things Cortana pushed to me were cricket scores that I don't care about (being a non-cricket fan) and European soccer trades that I don't care about (being not a fan of any Tottenham Hotspur)

Where do you live? I couldn't find any option to add cricket scores in mine. Have you tried editing the interests section to get rid of your problem?

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
There are two ways to do this for now....first you can know the latest results by just adding to the interests in cortana like this.... Search for cricket score and scroll around you should find update me about this topic in the results.....second one would be to pin a cricket website like espncricinfo to the start screen and use command like....open cricinfo and it opens up the website directly .....OR you could open the app directly by telling cortana to open eapncricinfo app

EDIT: this works...first goto phone.espncricinfo.com on the phone then pin it to start and then goto cortana and say "open cricinfo" if said right it directly opens in internet explorer else you can always type in open cricinfo.....

Last edited:

dana_flood

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm US east coast. I'm not sure how it popped up; possibly there are enough surnames in common between Indian politicians I've searched and members of the Punjabi club that it was pushing at me. It only did it one day, though. Now it's giving me Miami Heat info, which is one of things that is in my interests list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss