Dan. What about Andromeda Prototype devices?

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Dan, assuming Andromeda will be announced in October, I would think the Surface team woukd have several fully functional devices in the hands of specific employees right now. How could there not be one leak; a screen, side, sliver of a picture, something? Do you believe there are working devices on the streets, possibly with camo? How is it possible MS has gotten so good at hiding this stuff? Considering these devices have radios, don't they need to be tested out in the wild, in real world situations? How is this achieved?
Honestly, I'm hungry for a leak. Lol

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
How is it possible MS has gotten so good at hiding this stuff?

I remember some discussion of this on a podcast. MS has made all their prototying in house, meaning they don't need to submit anything externally to make their testing units. They probably don't do as much testing, since their market isn't as big, so they leave the prototypes secluded away. Bit more difficult with a phone.

Lastly, I doubt most people care if someone leaks the andromeda device. Whereas leaking a new iphone gets a lot of interest.

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually, at this point an Andromeda leak is probably tue most interesting that could happen, even for those who won't buy the device... I have to disagree
Originally posted by sd4f
Originally Posted by rodneyej
How is it possible MS has gotten so good at hiding this stuff?

I remember some discussion of this on a podcast. MS has made all their prototying in house, meaning they don't need to submit anything externally to make their testing units. They probably don't do as much testing, since their market isn't as big, so they leave the prototypes secluded away. Bit more difficult with a phone.

Lastly, I doubt most people care if someone leaks the andromeda device. Whereas leaking a new iphone gets a lot of interest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes