Dark Theme

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I posted this question in the General Forum without logging in. So I am posting it here also and i hope that is OK.

Yesterday I replaced the hard drive in my laptop with a larger SSD then did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro X 64 V 1511.

I looked up the article about the Dark Theme (which I was running on the same OS but upgraded from Win 7) and it didn't work. I tried both the 32 bit and 64 bit dword and both values (1 and 2) and it did not work. No Dark Theme.

Is there any way to make this work in the latest clean install?
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks Jim

An Update, I was finally able to make the Dark Theme work. The problem was an error I made, namely I only created "ONE" of the required registry keys. When I created the second and rebooted it worked like it should.

Maybe this will help someone.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I posted this question in the General Forum without logging in. So I am posting it here also and i hope that is OK.

Yesterday I replaced the hard drive in my laptop with a larger SSD then did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro X 64 V 1511.

I looked up the article about the Dark Theme (which I was running on the same OS but upgraded from Win 7) and it didn't work. I tried both the 32 bit and 64 bit dword and both values (1 and 2) and it did not work. No Dark Theme.

Is there any way to make this work in the latest clean install?
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks Jim

about dark theme, this is for the general OS, right? That's in development in preview builds, it hasn't been released yet as far as I know

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, This is on the full release of v 1511. I have never used the preview version of Win 10.

Last July I upgraded from 7 to 10 and then to 1511. Last week I used Media Creation Tool to burn a ISO and used it on a new HD for a Clean install. I was using the Dark Theme with the old version on my HD with the1511
I installed the Dark Theme shortly after the article here, but it won't activate now. I would still like to use it if I am able.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes