Date and Time autosync

MarkRae

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Microsoft Lumia 950, latest updates, in the UK, on O2 Business.

All of a sudden the phone has started displaying the time incorrectly. Not by an exact hour, but it's currently about an hour and ten minutes early.

I contacted O2 whose only suggestions were either to do a full backup and restore or to contact Microsoft. Neither of these made any difference.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

After the debacle with online banking and the Creators update, I'm starting to really regret getting this device now.

Mark

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
It's weird and nothing similar happened to mine yet. Failing everything you could try Preview, I'm on fast ring and so far everything pretty much works ok, including banking app.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The time on Windows phones is set in one of three ways. Either you can set it manually, or it will try to get the time from your service provider (the network, not the reseller). Unfortunately, O2 are a bit of an oddball network in that they do not provide a time feed. This used to mean (on older versions of WP8) that manual was the only way, but now when the phone cannot get a time from your service provider it syncs with the MS NTP servers (time servers) over the internet much like your desktop PC.

Is your language and region set right? Have you selected the 'Set timezone automatically' option? If not, try doing so. If you have set this, try turning it off and manually setting your timezone.

This may, of course, be a temporary issue with the MS time server but I have not seen this issue on my PCs (I'm UK too) so I doubt it.

MarkRae

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. As you suggest, the problem seems to have fixed itself and the time is now displaying correctly.

M

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Grand. The take away over this is to remember that your phone, unlike most users' Windows phones, will get the time direct from MS over the internet. So, better to compare the results to Windows PCs than by asking other Windows Phone users because they will have misleading experiences if compared to yours.

I know. I used to use O2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb