Decorating the outside of the band?

Candy Mikler

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I just received the band as a gift, yay me!, and am loving it. The only thing I don't really like is the thick black band. I was thinking I could somehow fashion something for the outside so parts of it look more like a bracelet or bangle. Has anyone tried anything like that?

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't personally, though I know people have done that to other wearable devices like Fitbits and Jawbones. Just be sure not to cover up any of the sensor hardware and that anything you do can be undone in case you have to bring it in for warranty or repair and you should be fine.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the white carbon fiber on it for a bit (attached pics)...I now have the black carbon fiber
WP_20141120_006.jpg
WP_20141120_008.jpg

If you end up doing something with your Band post some pics Candy

Last edited:

Candy Mikler1

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying washi tape. So far, it's staying on! After researching how people are decorating other types of fitness band, I knew I didn't want anything permanent. Something that I could have on my band temporarily. What I like about washi tape is that it's repositionable , comes in tons of colors and patterns and isn't thick. I'm on my tablet and can't figure out how to post a pic to my reply. Next time I'm on my desktop I'll post pic.

ablahblah

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm attending university right now and I'm thinking about CAD'ing the buckle of my band and 3D printing it in different colors. It's fairly easy to remove the buckle assembly with a small torx driver, and the latch mechanism is totally self contained, so I have high hopes. May or may not happen depending on my schedule though heh.

Dima Habenko

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
For something that you wear on your wrist, I would stick with uniform color. Black is always good and the material MS used for the Band's band is scratch-proof, so I don't see much need for any wrappers. Would be nice if MS for Band 2.0 release few color variants for the more sporty look and to appease women. Display, on the other side, has some scratch issues and I applied screen protector. The initial one supplied by MS lasted me about a month before it started to peel off at the edges. I now switched to Armor protector, but already after a week on Band, all four corners are peeling off. This is a problem with the display itself, how the corners are curved and I fear no protector would last long here. I will test Armor 'life-time warranty' to see if it's worth it.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I got my band on Monday, got the screen protector for free with it. What I did was trim the edges of the screen protector so it fit the flat part of the display. I'm not too concerned with the curved edges getting scratched, and with tons of experience with screen protectors I figured the edges would roll up eventually. And so far it's staying put, and no bubbles either...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny