Deleted pictures from 8-9 months ago reappeared like magic...

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Ok, how's this.

For starters I do not have a Microsoft account of any sort. I've never downloaded a single app. My phone is in no way synced with ANYTHING. I keep data toggled off 98% of the time. I do not belong to any social sites, have any cloud accounts, nothing of the sort. I use my phone for talking, texting and occasionally browsing once in a while and that's all. I check my email via it's website (not set-up via the phone) a couple times a week if I need to when I'm out and about.

So a few months ago I switched back to Android after having used my 640 and 640XL for a few months. And planned on selling them. I returned the 640 XL back to stock, choosing the correct procedure, the one that supposedly erases everything and warns you before you go through with it. I wont go into why, but I actually did this twice, a few weeks apart. I ended up cracking the screen on my Android phone and started using the 640 XL again for the last two- three months. Low and behold out of nowhere... three pictures from July of 2015 are all of a sudden in my gallery!!! These pictures were actually deleted long before I ever even reset my phone! I'm not a picture taker, I've probably only taken 50 pictures total since I had the phone. I only had two pictures in the gallery for the last couple of months until last night when all of a sudden the other three showed up... months after I restored the phone (two different times) to factory default.

Any ideas?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Um...they don't work without a Microsoft account of some sort?

And at some point you had photo backup enabled (probably by default before you noticed) so it went to Onedrive in your account.

Does not compute...

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I do not have a one drive account, no Microsoft account, no any account tied to the phone. No phone backup enabled since there is nowhere to back it up to. I have a yahoo mail account, that's it and it's not synced to my phone. I can't even download apps if I wanted to, because you need an account to download from the store. The fact it does not compute is why I'm posting! lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon