Denim Update delay for Lumia 1520 in India

Rasool Shaik

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I think Nokia 1520 in India is not receiving Denim Update till now is due to Hey Cortana Feature. Hey Cortana requires you to set your current region and speech language region to be same. Which is not yet possible for India. In India Cortana is released as alpha version and it requires you to set the current speech language to English( United Kingdom). But Hey cortana also requires you to set your current phone region to same as that of speech. If you make it same then we cant buy apps from the store and locale of system will be different and phone features may vary. May be Microsoft is working....

I dont know whether other regions where cortana alpha version is released requires the same settings to be done. Anyways i am just waiting for Microsoft to release it soon for 1520. This has been a long wait for the people in India for any update released till now right from launch of windows phone 8. We did get the update faster than all other regions.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its not due to Hey Cortana

They can disable that feature in denim if country is not supported

Even I am eagerly waiting since many days and now windows 10 preview coming today

I am in dilemma whether to update denim and then W10 or W10 and denim 😐

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Even I am eagerly waiting since many days and now windows 10 preview coming today

I am in dilemma whether to update denim and then W10 or W10 and denim 😐

Thats what I'm wondering too...I'm here in Georgia,USA....win10 is coming out...but I'm on AT&T,and 1520 still has no Denim

Amit020783

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
What a shame Microsoft if this is the case why the rollout has been delayed in India for Lumia 1520. However, if this is the reason then why Lumia 520 received the update, don't think this is the reason.

People would accept valid reasons if given to them but none from Microsoft has come out so far explaining so far the reason for delay.

Highly disappointed and frustrating experience.

It hope a and wish someone from Microsoft reads these comments and so something about it

Rasool Shaik

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
What a shame Microsoft if this is the case why the rollout has been delayed in India for Lumia 1520. However, if this is the reason then why Lumia 520 received the update, don't think this is the reason.

People would accept valid reasons if given to them but none from Microsoft has come out so far explaining so far the reason for delay.

Highly disappointed and frustrating experience.

It hope a and wish someone from Microsoft reads these comments and so something about it

FYI 520 doesn't support hey cortana feature.

Rasool Shaik

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site

I am in dilemma whether to update denim and then W10 or W10 and denim ��

Hey Cortana is an important feature of Lumia Denim Update. May be you don't need it but i dont think Microsoft will disable it.

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Whatever the reason is, Microsoft should at least provide the information about delay and declare the confirm release date/Week.
How can they attract more customers if existing customers are frustrated. I know world is not going to end if I don't receive denim but after declaring the details of the update and when 1520 users from other part of the world receive it who are in fact carrier locked users and the users who are not carrier locked are deprived of it still.
They can provide 10 directly now instead. :)

Mayank Tripathi1

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I think Nokia 1520 in India is not receiving Denim Update till now is due to Hey Cortana Feature. Hey Cortana requires you to set your current region and speech language region to be same. Which is not yet possible for India. In India Cortana is released as alpha version and it requires you to set the current speech language to English( United Kingdom). But Hey cortana also requires you to set your current phone region to same as that of speech. If you make it same then we cant buy apps from the store and locale of system will be different and phone features may vary. May be Microsoft is working....

I dont know whether other regions where cortana alpha version is released requires the same settings to be done. Anyways i am just waiting for Microsoft to release it soon for 1520. This has been a long wait for the people in India for any update released till now right from launch of windows phone 8. We did get the update faster than all other regions.

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Cortana is an important feature of Lumia Denim Update. May be you don't need it but i dont think Microsoft will disable it.
I agree its important feature but when cortana itself is not supported how can they enable it in denim ?
Lumia 930 in UK got denim yesterday, UK is also listed under alpha version for Cortana as far as I remember
What about Finland 1520 ? They do bot support cortana in their language yet they had denim update 2 months back

Rasool Shaik

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I agree its important feature but when cortana itself is not supported how can they enable it in denim ?
Lumia 930 in UK got denim yesterday, UK is also listed under alpha version for Cortana as far as I remember
What about Finland 1520 ? They do bot support cortana in their language yet they had denim update 2 months back

I think you have not read my first post correctly. UK has alpha version but there is no need for them to change their speech or region to other as in India. Read my first post again. Hey Cortana has restrictions. I suppose you dont know Hey Cortana feature which is not Just cortana, Its a feature which you can use to search even when your phone is locked. Please search the WPCentral forum for detailed Hey Cortana feature.

nomanquadri

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Nice logic but I don't think that's the reason. My Saudi 1520 got denim over a month ago. Microsoft doesn't support Cortana and hence even the 'Hey Cortana' feature for this variant but it still got the update. I just changed my region-language settings and am enjoying Hey Cortana.

But since India has the alpha version of Cortana, you might even be right.

DekDhamecha

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I got Lumia Denim for My Lumia 630 Dual SIM before Official Release in India.

If anyone want to try/get Lumia Denim update early before Official Release try this:
(All WP8.1 Phones are not supported for W10 for Phones Tech Preview till date, so wait for your turn and then try)
Be a Windows Insider, Download Windows Insider app and Sign In for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
Then go to Phone Update Setting, hit Check for Update.

It will show an Update "Performance and Stability Improvement".
After Successfully Update, new msg window should appear with instruction of Successful Update and Windows 10 Technical Preview Next Update.

It seems an Prerequisite Update to get Windows 10 Tech Preview, so There would be a chance that this is not Fine Tuned Lumia Denim Update
SO,
This would not be same to You, Please Do it at your own Risk!

It's Fine Here.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150215_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150215_0001.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 5

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you have not read my first post correctly. UK has alpha version but there is no need for them to change their speech or region to other as in India. Read my first post again. Hey Cortana has restrictions. I suppose you dont know Hey Cortana feature which is not Just cortana, Its a feature which you can use to search even when your phone is locked. Please search the WPCentral forum for detailed Hey Cortana feature.

Oh really you genius
Thanks for enlightening me

This is my review for 1520 I wrote in Jan 2014
http://rajamass.blogspot.in/2014/01/mighty-lumia-1520-review.html

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nice logic but I don't think that's the reason. My Saudi 1520 got denim over a month ago. Microsoft doesn't support Cortana and hence even the 'Hey Cortana' feature for this variant but it still got the update. I just changed my region-language settings and am enjoying Hey Cortana.

But since India has the alpha version of Cortana, you might even be right.
+1

If you want Cortana and hey Cortana , you can change region and language settings and get it easily once it is updated to denim

Denim roll out in India is very bad, even the lower models like 620, 720 etc are getting it since yesterday only. They don't support Hey Cortana at all due to lack of snapdragon 8XX SoC.

He will not get Hey Cortana feature even after updating it to Denim in India unless he changes the settings to US region or UK

Last edited:

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

Cortana is beta in the UK 😒

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hai Rasool how are you😁

Did you get Hey Cortana feature in Denim 😂

In my 1520 Cortana is disabled by default

I told you before that delay in denim update is not due to Cortana

Anyway if you want Cortana and hey Cortana you can get it by changing the settings
Let me know if you need any help

anandaraj

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rajmass,
Today morning i've updated my 1520 to Denim. i don't see "Hey Cortona" feature in the settings. Let me know what settings you use??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99